Am I crazy for turning down a chance to go out with a lady?

Hawk

down a chance to go out with a lady? She asked me out for ice cream thru another forum, said she thought I was a nice guy!!! But of course I have not
showered in two days so how nice am I ?? Plus, I honestly cannot walk well
any longer, and gave that as an excuse.....or am I just scared to death at this
age!Z???!??o_O

down a chance to go out with a lady? She asked me out for ice cream thru another forum, said she thought I was a nice guy!!! But of course I have not
age!Z???!??o_O
Take a shower and take a chance. You aren't going out to get married just for ice cream. Going out for ice cream will not hurt you. She knows now that you can't walk well so that is out of the way.

age!Z???!??o_O
I don't know the answer. Maybe trust your instincts.

I've read that older people usually don't need to shower every day ... every other day is fine, unless you have been doing something that makes you sweat. But you should change your underwear daily.

Anyway, your bathing habits have nothing to do with being a nice guy.

If you cannot walk well, assuming you are a man, do feel that it makes you look weak, or old, or something else? My sister worked for Social Security long enough to retire, and she saw a lot of men who did not use walking aids, for instance, because they didn't need them -- even though they could barely walk. Their wives, who were usually with them, were very frustrated about that.

As far as being "scared to death", you'd have ask yourself what you are afraid of. Ice-cream is not a gateway drug to marriage or to sex or to anything else, really. Maybe you are shy, or self-conscious. If so, maybe you could have the courage to try something new, knowing that it won't kill you. It's good to try new things, get out of your comfort zone a little bit.

This is not necessarily a "date", anyhow. Lots of women like having nice guys as friends. Or they at least want to start out as friends.

And you should take normal safety precautions -- meet the woman at a public place. Do not drive off with her in your car, or you in her car. You don't know her. It's always good to take your time getting to know people, especially those who like ice-cream.

age!Z???!??o_O
Ask her what her intentions are. :)

You're not crazy @Hawk , you're just scared sh*tless. It's OK. You are a nice guy, or she wouldn't have asked you out. How many guys do you know who are getting asked out for... anything? You might not be able to walk well, but I know you can still shake a leg. Now get your butt in the shower and go have some ice cream with this lady. Make no excuses. Saddle up and get moving, you old dog! 😊😉

Bella ✌️

I say….go for it. A lot of people don’t shower every day. I don’t want to say mostly men but, my 2 sisters and I shared that my ex and their two husbands didn’t shower every day, and I’ve heard from friends the same of their husbands. We loved them all the same. There’s nothing wrong with making a new friend. If it doesn’t work out just don’t meet up again. It is very scary!!

I understand your feeling of anxiety. I was on a grief recovery website after losing my wife. I discovered a widow there who seemed to be a very caring person and lived .40 miles from me. We agreed to meet for lunch half way. I was a nervous as a 15 year old going on a first date driving to meet her, After we had lunch, I walked her to her car, and said,"I would like to see you again"
We have been married for almost 15 years now. :)

Being a bit slow might be an advantage. ;)

98ca9d810cb3e206c8cbd547e631dc0e--sadie-hawkins-day-progressive-dinner.jpg

"None but the brave deserve the fair." - John Dryden

Is he in the shower? How much time do we have?

We can prepare him with jokes;
"I thought about buying an ice cream parlor once but I don't like working on sundaes."
"I already had ice cream earlier today so this one is second-dairy."
"What kind of ice cream do pigs like best? Hoggin Daz."

Go...have a good time.. it's easy when you live alone to get complacent and not want to get out of a routine or a rut.. it's just a little meeting for ice cream and a chat, at best it'll give you an hour out, and a new friend.. at worst .. well you don't like the ice-cream.. :ROFLMAO:

Just go.. you don't have to do anything afterwards that you don't want to do, remember that...

Back