Amazon customer service number

HP tech support for computers, printers, etc. is the same way. What bothers me the most is they read from a script. They do not seem to have any specialized knowledge more than what I have. They used to be pretty good support, now I'm really considering dropping the service.

I have never had to call Amazon for any kind of customer service. Hopefully I never have to.

I often get called on the telephone with people saying they are from Telstra and something is wrong with my computer. I visited the Telstra office to complain to them and they said they never ring customers to discuss computers. They are always Indian accents. I asked one to give me his call-back number and he immediately hung up.

It takes "a minute" to find but there is an area in support where you can request that Amazon call you regarding your issue. The calls come almost immediately. So far I have been able to understand the people who have helped me. You're doing a public service here by providing that phone number! I'm going to save it in my phone. They don't make it easy to find on the website.
@Nathan The last couple of times I had issues, I could not find the chat feature, which I'd used a couple of times in the past.

Last edited:
I do too..they've always been helpful and polite.. ( maybe AI..who knows).. either way if it's human or a Bot they've always resolved my problem
I use the chat feature, too. It saves me from the language confusion. Plus it stays on your record so if you have to contact them again on the same issue they can see the history. The have made it more difficult to find the number and chat link. They start out in AI but you can ask to speak to an agent and then you het a real human!

It takes "a minute" to find but there is an area in support where you can request that Amazon call you regarding your issue. The calls come almost immediately. So far I have been able to understand the people who have helped me. You're doing a public service here by providing that phone number! I'm going to save it in my phone. They don't make it easy to find on the website.
@Nathan The last couple of times I had issues, I could not find the chat feature, which I'd used a couple of times in the past.
and why I posted it....stuff is easy if, you know from experience which of the 5000 options to click on...that said, we are not getting as much help as we think? so far I have been 3 days trying to get a refund on the same but 3 differnt pair of shorts...last moron i spoke with last nite put me on hold and went home....or killed himself what ever never came back...so far no resolution-however I am working up to be joyful kind thoughful complementry and dealing with them again tonight it is then morning in the philippens ....we will see....put 5 on me...

and why I posted it....stuff is easy if, you know from experience which of the 5000 options to click on...that said, we are not getting as much help as we think? so far I have been 3 days trying to get a refund on the same but 3 differnt pair of shorts...last moron i spoke with last nite put me on hold and went home....or killed himself what ever never came back...so far no resolution-however I am working up to be joyful kind thoughful complementry and dealing with them again tonight it is then morning in the philippens ....we will see....put 5 on me...
follow up...they seem to have some scammers a third party providers...this is one..if jeffie does not can these guys I will post to yelp consumer complaints bbb etc, it is not nice to mess with old people-

Just a note: many people/companies sell their stuff via the Amazon.com website, and not everything is in stock at all times. So I always check to see whether an item I'm interested in is:
- in stock at Amazon
- shipped from Amazon

If it's shipped from a third party from who knows where, Amazon cannot guarantee you'll receive it. Sure, you'll still be able to cancel it if you don't receive it, but who wants to go through that?

follow up...they seem to have some scammers a third party providers...this is one..if jeffie does not can these guys I will post to yelp consumer complaints bbb etc, it is not nice to mess with old people-
BC: I'm sorry your return experiences haven't gone as smoothly as mine! :confused: I've dealt with customer service both via chat and phone. I have no use for Yelp either. I posted a very important review about the bus service I used to take to Atlantic City, N.J. The buses they used were downright dangerous. One couldn't even pull highway speed when getting on from a ramp. Even their driver complained about the shoddy maintenance that he felt put him and his passengers in danger. But apparently the buses they chartered for weddings were in a little better shape, although I had read complaints about them. When I did a search of reviews for that company (Saddle River Tours), all of Yelp's reviews were glowing with the disclaimer they were showing the most important ones. Saddle River Tours is a micro tiny company compared to Amazon, so good luck getting your review displayed prominently.

Back