Amazon groceries

JaniceM

I've noticed groceries I've ordered from Amazon are generally near the expiration date.
Today I received a large (48 pks) box of fruit-and-cream oatmeal, it says it expires Feb. 2021, and when I tried a pack it was horribly stale.
Anyone else have this experience?

My concern with ordering stuff like that in addition to how many hands have been on it is the extremes of heat and cold the product may have been exposed to In shipping, on route , well out of the range of safe temps to store it. Same reason I never order Rx mail order.
The places that sell fancy foods for shipping usually have their products well packed & insulated for fastest possible shipping.

Amazon fills orders from thousands of different stores/warehouses. I get that from regular store as well and never remember to check the dates on some items.

A lot of those packaged items come from other sellers contracted to Amazon. I write scathing reviews when this happens to me, so I've learned only to order from their WHole Foods vendor. Since they are near by, the arrive within the hour and are fresh. Needless to say, I have cooked and made purchases from Shop Rite to take back with me Friday. Since I'll have to quarantine for 14 days after being out of the facility for 2 weeks. The Governor has stated 10 days now, but Sunrise will not change that. It's nuts since the staff comes and goes everyday, lord knows where.

Back