American Horror Story’s “Death Valley” on “Double Feature”

Fyrefox

Token fox furry
Horror is not everyone’s cup of tea, but acquires new dimensions when it crosses over into science fiction and alternative history. For that reason I find the “Death Valley” segments of the current “Double Feature” season on American Horror Story compelling viewing as it unites myths dealing with supposed alien incursions from the Roswell incident onwards. The story is sprinkled with portrayals of several iconic American historical figures such as Amelia Earhart, JFK, Marilyn Monroe, and Eisenhower, shown below with Nixon.

EAABC26F-7402-47C7-B04B-D4959EA834CB.jpeg

Now you haven’t lived until you’ve seen Mamie Eisenhower possessed by an alien intelligence, her eyes a milky white as she levitates and explodes heads with a gesture of her hand! Find out about Ike’s secret deal with the aliens that accounts for abductions and modern technology on the current season of American Horror Story, truly a wild ride! 🙀

30D14A6A-2AD4-4F8F-B8C2-16C345A04290.jpeg

The episodes are available through the “On Demand” function of Xfinity/Comcast, which is how I’ve seen most of my episodes. Last night I learned that Henry Kissinger was a reptilian alien, whose snake-like tongue flicked out briefly when Nixon wasn’t watching! 🙀

What each of us finds interesting is up to us. I've watched every season of American Horror Story. It is always campy and includes a nod to the past or to political events. I watched all the episodes of the first series of Double Feature, but I thought the Death Valley episodes were ridiculous and stopped watching after the third episode. Yes, the black and white segments with Eisenhower, Kennedy and Nixon were interesting but the color segments with the teens who got pregnant from aliens were intolerable. Yes, it is a wild ride for sure but one I chose to get off of.

For the best Ryan Murphy (who creates American Horror Story) retro series I would highly recommend Feud, which is about Bette Davis and Joan Crawford. It is campy and entertaining and stars two great actresses... Susan Sarandon and Jessica Lange.

Last edited:
Thank you but no thank you.
The original 'The Thing,'(at age ten) was enough; then that Alien jumping out of that guy's stomach.
Driving a car on x-way provides me with more horror and fear than I can cope with.

Back