American Thanksgiving 2021

RadishRose

SF VIP
Always the 4th Thursday of November this year it will be November 25th.

a264586439b70844345ca363b9cad21a.jpg

Last edited:
The best Thanksgiving movie ever; it's hilarious, touching, diverse and just wonderful!

Four families in LA of different ethnicity (Latino, Asian/Vietnamese, African and Jewish) gather together for Thanksgiving dinner.

Last edited:
The big Christmas lunch finally fell by the wayside in our family and became more of a cold buffet or snack table.
@Aunt Bea Our big meals at Christmas and New Year's were "dinner" no matter what time they were served. It all depended on my grandmother's work schedule because she was a nurse. Every now and then, she'd get Christmas and New Year's off but most years it was one or the other. There was a time or two when she had to leave to deliver a baby. The doctors wouldn't have dreamed of leaving their own holiday celebrations so called her to cover for them.

I love the pic of the family eating dinner in the dining room with the kids at a separate table in what must be the kitchen and remember how grown up I felt when I finally graduated to the dining room. The only thing was...we kids had fun at our table and laughed a lot. The "groan"-ups not so much. They all talked groan-up stuff.

Our family has always had large gatherings at Thanksgiving & Christmas. I'm sitting, as I post this, in a chair beside the same fireplace where I used to send up my notes to Santa as a little guy. The home has passed from my grandfather, (who had it built in 1921} to my folks, then to me, and along to one of our daughters back in 1995. We retained a life lease when we passed it on. In all of those years I've managed to move from the children's table in the living room, through the double doors and now sit at the head of the "groan" ups table in the dining room.:) It'll be 88 years these coming Holidays.

Our family has always had large gatherings at Thanksgiving & Christmas. I'm sitting, as I post this, in a chair beside the same fireplace where I used to send up my notes to Santa as a little guy. The home has passed from my grandfather, (who had it built in 1921} to my folks, then to me, and along to one of our daughters back in 1995. We retained a life lease when we passed it on. In all of those years I've managed to move from the children's table in the living room, through the double doors and now sit at the head of the "groan" ups table in the dining room.:) It'll be 88 years these coming Holidays.
I love hearing about your family Dave, and how close you all are. How wonderful to be in the same home all of your life and I bet it's beautiful.

Back