And the most intriguing of them all - Amelia Earhart

rgp

IMO, Amelia Earhart ! They know, [almost exactly where she went down/was lost] .....and yet her plane cannot be found ?

An Electra L-10/11 is not a small plane, yet within minutes/hours, after it "went-in" no sign of it ?

Few touch-points on the island of Nikumaroro.

- No fresh water on the island
- Covered in thick shrub
- Temps soar to over 100°
- The coral is lethal, a cut from the coral would have been lethal
- Local fish are toxic
- Shark-infested waters
- Apex predators on the island are giant coconut crabs. These behemoths measure 3-feet across and weigh 10 lbs. They hunt in hordes using enhanced olfactory senses

Last edited:

- Covered in thick shrub
- Local fish are toxic
- Shark-infested waters
- Apex predators on the island are giant coconut crabs. These behemoths measure 3-feet across and weigh 10 lbs. They hunt in hordes using enhanced olfactory senses

Yeah, I don't think I want to take on one of those crabs......EEK! Although, I watched a special on TV , and read a report in Nat/Geo that showed searchers looking for clues. And the crabs seemed to pay them no mind ?

Still, if she ditched near that Island ? One would think that for several hours, maybe even a day or so, some evidence would be visible ?

Yeah, I don't think I want to take on one of those crabs......EEK! Although, I watched a special on TV , and read a report in Nat/Geo that showed searchers looking for clues. And the crabs seemed to pay them no mind ?

Still, if she ditched near that Island ? One would think that for several hours, maybe even a day or so, some evidence would be visible ?
Many great questions.

I find some articles vary slightly in their conclusions as to what happened to AE, but it does sound to me as though she survived the crash initially.

Many great questions.

I find some articles vary slightly in their conclusions as to what happened to AE, but it does sound to me as though she survived the crash initially.

Well, that's my thought as well. I mean the plane was basically a flying gas tank, granted, it was empty of [liquid] But it is the fumes that explode. Which I think it might have been if it crashed on any land at all? But still, no evidence of such ? And she was in close contact with the ship that was tracking her ?

But at flying speed, it only takes a few minutes to be somewhere else.

Sure is odd, that one of the most celebrated pilots & the worlds best navigator could end up so off course, and likely at the bottom of the sea.

One thing is certain; Amelia didn't deserve the horrendous fate that she likely suffered. One can only speculate on what the remaining trajectory of her life would have been had only she lived, but she did and accomplished so much in the limited time that she had. A true pioneer and heroine...

Recommended for your listening: an audiobook on Amelia Earhart called "Alone With The Stars," a drama available from Amazon's Audible division. It concerns a young female ham operator who may have picked up some of Amelia's final radio transmissions, and her struggles with getting dismissive authorities to believe her...

Recommended for your listening: an audiobook on Amelia Earhart called "Alone With The Stars," a drama available from Amazon's Audible division. It concerns a young female ham operator who may have picked up some of Amelia's final radio transmissions, and her struggles with getting dismissive authorities to believe her...

I have read in more than one place about her [the girl] . Did she write down what she heard ?

I read one place that , her testimony implied a military involvement, and that it why it was dismissed/downplayed, etc. ??

Again, as well known [or so they said] her position in general was, and NO debris at all ?

Very strange, either a series of lies were told, or her believed position was way off base ?

I have just recently read that a piece of aluminum patch thought to be from the fuselage of Amelia's Lockheed Electra was found on the island. It will be subjected to some kind of verification process by nuclear scientists. The fragment and a rivet that it still contains are thought to be consistent with aircraft of Amelia's day...

image.jpeg

- Covered in thick shrub
- Local fish are toxic
- Shark-infested waters
Yeah. I mean, what could go wrong if you happen to survive a crash. 😳

I have just recently read that a piece of aluminum patch thought to be from the fuselage of Amelia's Lockheed Electra was found on the island. It will be subjected to some kind of verification process by nuclear scientists. The fragment and a rivet that it still contains are thought to be consistent with aircraft of Amelia's day...

View attachment 149720

The thing that 'gets-me' about this sort of discovery is ...... A piece like this found ? OK, where's the rest of it ? I mean, can it really be that far away ?

IMO many of these bits of wreckage are a hoax, just to keep the mystery alive, which keeps the money coming in.

Ever since I was a little kid I was always intrigued by this matter. In all honesty, it caused me grief when I was little. Felt so bad for her and still do.

"You pays your money and you takes your chances"
Looks like a result of poor risk management while in pursuit of fame, to me.

Enjoy!

Back