Andy and Opie opening......

That reminds me of a visit to a young doctor recently for a insurance physical. She thought it was funny to say, "You're not a spring chicken anymore". Maybe she didn't watch the whole episode and see how pissed it made Aunt Bea when her Dr. said that to her!

Pappy.....Andy Griffith told me that the opening was filmed on the back lot of the studio.
According to Google, the opening was shot at a man-made reservoir in LA’s Franklin Canyon, which if I remember correctly, is not far from the studio. What the 4 screens are four, I have no idea, but I like the post that said to reflect light. That makes sense.

Speaking of The Andy Griffith Show, every time I hear the theme song I think about how great it is ... and how most of the old ones had really catchy and well-written themes. Nowadays you're lucky if you get 5 seconds of music for most shows.

I read that when Andy jerked his head, when Opie threw the stone, it was a reaction, that his Dad used to do to acknowledge and encourage Andy's efforts, as a boy.

Back