Another Killing

Very sad situation.

IMO this type of thing will continue in one form or another until people learn to comply with the police.

I know that this will sound like blaming the victim but IMO it's about saving a person's life.

Fight for lasting change/justice in the courtroom, not in the streets.
Yes, you are blaming the victim and absolving the uniformed domestic terrorists of any responsibility. I'm sure you mean compliance like the Virginia cops who instructed the Army lieutenant to put his hands out of the car window and also to get out of the car.

No money is spent training citizens. Millions of dollars continue to be spent training cops with no positive results. Talk about flushing money down a rat hole! If cops weren't so trigger happy in the USA, citizens would not be killed by:

*I thought his cell phone or car keys was a gun.
*No knock home invasions killing occupants in the wrong apartments.
*Kneeling on a handcuffed victim's neck for 8 minutes denying the body oxygen.
"Taser, taser, taser ... Opps, I shot him."
and on and on and on ....

Where else in the entire world does this happen?

https://www.startribune.com/medcalf...-resistance-to-police-in-minnesota/600045226/

By the way, when was the last time anyone was making an omelet, went to grab the spatula but ended up shooting 2 holes in the omelet? Simply incompetent and terroristic law enforcement.

Last edited:
Those who were shot deserve some responsibility. If they cooperated with the officers we would not be talking about the outcomes now.

Policing has to be many times more stressfull than when we were younger. It's not Mayberry anymore with the amount of guns being carried today.

Those who were shot deserve some responsibility. If they cooperated with the officers we would not be talking about the outcomes now. Policing has to be many times more stressfull than when we were younger. It's not Mayberry anymore with the amount of guns being carried today.

That seems to be the case. In virtually Every one of these shootings, the victim appears to be uncooperative with the police, and the situation quickly gets out of hand. If these "victims" acted in a civil manner when stopped by the police, the majority of these incidents would have never occurred.

Yes, you are blaming the victim and absolving the uniformed domestic terrorists of any responsibility. I'm sure you mean compliance like the Virginia cops who instructed the Army lieutenant to put his hands out of the car window and also to get out of the car.

No money is spent training citizens. Millions of dollars continue to be spent training cops with no positive results. Talk about flushing money down a rat hole! If cops weren't so trigger happy in the USA, citizens would not be killed by:

https://www.startribune.com/medcalf...-resistance-to-police-in-minnesota/600045226/

By the way, when was the last time anyone was making an omelet, went to grab the spatula but ended up shooting 2 holes in the omelet? Simply incompetent and terroristic law enforcement.
Seems to be an hourly thing.

Police kill about a thousand people a year, so it happens three times a day on average. It happens more often to whites, but more often to Black people as a percentage of the population.

I'm not going to comment otherwise as the moderator tends to take my comments down.

When was the last time you pulled a car over on an interstate highway and got yourself shot multiple times and killed like the New Mexico State Trooper we've seen the video of recently?

Until you've been in the kinds of potential life or death situations these police officers find themselves in, which is almost all of them really, then you are in no position to judge them as harshly as you did above. And to call them "domestic terrorists" is just a gross example of ungratefulness.

I agree with Aunt Bea and Don M. that these people's refusal to cooperate with the police is the number one driving reason that these shootings and use of force incidents occur in the first place.

As for "blaming the victim".... I would not call those who refuse to comply with the police "victims" to begin with.

If one brings about one's own demise via one's own unreasonable behavior, one is only the victim of one's own poor judgement.

Back in my day, our parents taught common sense stuff like that.

Chris Rock said it best:

"Some jobs, everybody gotta be good. Like … pilots. Ya know, American Airlines can’t be like, 'Most of our pilots like to land. We just got a few bad apples that like to crash into mountains. Please bear with us.'"

The ideal number of police killings of civilians would be zero, of course. And that should be the goal. It's definitely a hard job, but, really, "I thought it was my Taser but it was my sidearm?"

But, what about the mistaking a Taser for a Pistol?

This is what I don't understand.

Mike.
Adrenaline rush on her part? Her firearm is saddled on her dominant side. The taser on the opposite side. The taser is yellow and light, compared to her firearm. She had her firearm drawn in front of her when she yelled, "taser, taser, taser." And she didn't notice it was not a taser?

This was not an accidental shooting. It was negligence and incompetence on her part.

And why was the tall officer who had Wright outside the vehicle, with his hands behind his back, having a difficult time getting his cuffs on him at that time?

Adrenaline rush on her part? Her firearm is saddled on her dominant side. The taser on the opposite side. The taser is yellow and light, compared to her firearm. She had her firearm drawn in front of her when she yelled, "taser, taser, taser." And she didn't notice it was not a taser?

This was not an accidental shooting. It was negligence and incompetence on her part.

And why was the tall officer who had Wright outside the vehicle, with his hands behind his back, having a difficult time getting his cuffs on him at that time?
Exactly!!!

I love how some people think they "know" things that went on in the minds of others based solely on a video clip.

These people also love to make themselves the judge and jury in everything.

Nobody knows what went on in the mind of the officer.

Sometimes the mind plays tricks on us.

Cops are human.

Until robot cops become a reality, we will have humans making human errors.

Chris Rock said it best:

"Some jobs, everybody gotta be good. Like … pilots. Ya know, American Airlines can’t be like, 'Most of our pilots like to land. We just got a few bad apples that like to crash into mountains. Please bear with us.'"

The ideal number of police killings of civilians would be zero, of course. And that should be the goal. It's definitely a hard job, but, really, "I thought it was my Taser but it was my sidearm?"
My sentiment to a T!

My view, looking to be a hero, because everyone was in such danger.

Pathetic!

But, what about the mistaking a Taser for a Pistol?

This is what I don't understand.

Mike.
Most police officers and Troopers will carry their Taser on their non dominate side of their duty belt. This is supposed to aide in keeping such accidents from occurring. I am right-handed, so my Taser was always on my left side.

Although choosing to draw a Taser gun instead of an officer's duty weapon is rare, nonetheless, it does happen from time to time. Psychologists have stated that an officer's mindset to protect him or herself, plus rushing to draw the weapon and the adrenaline flowing have all been attributed to causing the mistake.

Some Tasers feel the same in a person's hand, while other Tasers will feel completely different. Just the difference in weight can alert the officer to which weapon he has drawn, but even then, some Tasers are heavier than others.

I haven't seen the video, so I can't (and wouldn't anyway) comment on what may have gone wrong. I did hear on talk radio the officer's audio portion of the video and heard her yelling Taser! Taser! And after the shot was fired the remorse in her voice gave me a kind of a surreal feeling . I have done traffic stops when the driver or an occupant in the vehicle has had an outstanding warrant and I had to take them into custody. When that occurred, I would call for a backup and would wait until it arrived before approaching the vehicle. That was our protocol.

Most police officers and Troopers will carry their Taser on their non dominate side of their duty belt. This is supposed to aide in keeping such accidents from occurring. I am right-handed, so my Taser was always on my left side.

Although choosing to draw a Taser gun instead of an officer's duty weapon is rare, nonetheless, it does happen from time to time. Psychologists have stated that an officer's mindset to protect him or herself, plus rushing to draw the weapon and the adrenaline flowing have all been attributed to causing the mistake.

Some Tasers feel the same in a person's hand, while other Tasers will feel completely different. Just the difference in weight can alert the officer to which weapon he has drawn, but even then, some Tasers are heavier than others.

I haven't seen the video, so I can't (and wouldn't anyway) comment on what may have gone wrong. I did hear on talk radio the officer's audio portion of the video and heard her yelling Taser! Taser! And after the shot was fired the remorse in her voice gave me a kind of a surreal feeling . I have done traffic stops when the driver or an occupant in the vehicle has had an outstanding warrant and I had to take them into custody. When that occurred, I would call for a backup and would wait until it arrived before approaching the vehicle. That was our protocol.
I have always respected your view of events such as this, 911, but I see absolutely nothing in the video that suggests a taser or gun should have been drawn.

My view, looking to be a hero, because everyone was in such danger.

Pathetic!
I have always respected your view of events such as this, 911, but I see absolutely nothing in the video that suggests a taser or gun should have been drawn.
I haven't seen the video, so it's hard for me to comment, so I will not comment as to why the Taser was going to be used.

What just keeps gobsmacking me about this incident is... 26 years service!

26 years to get a feel for your sidearm.
26 years to get a feel for a taser.
26 years to learn how to control yourself.
26 years to recognize when you're in danger, and when you're not.

Boy, does my heart ever break for the family and loved ones of Daunte Wright.

A kid... still a boy, 20 years old with a full life ahead of him.

He had dreams, goals, ambitions, visions, and all was snuffed out in a fraction of a second due to some individuals grandstanding carelessness! :mad:

Last edited:
I just read,the woman officer and the police chief have both resigned
The mayor and city council were too slow to fire Kim Porter. With her resignation, she can collect her pension while working for another police department. I also found out today, that Brooklyn Center has 49 police officers and only 1 lives in the city. Simply put, law enforcement has no connection with the city and community they are supposed to "serve & protect" except for collecting paychecks.

Back