Another new member, heard Alan Jones talking about the forum on 2GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

BettyB

Another new member, my name is BettyB, I live in the Macarthur Region. At present I am recovering from a dose of
Shingles. May I suggest if you haven't had them before, to go to your GP and get the vaccination. It's something that you don't need to experience as it can be very very painful.
I used to breed and show Budgerigars, it's a good hobby but has become a very expensive hobby because the outline and feathering of the bird has changed and so everyone is wanting this new beaut bird.

Anyway that is enough of Budgerigars, I need to expand out my thinking and that is why I have joined the forum. BettyB

Hi Hollydolly, Thank you, so do I. I think I was lucky, I got the special meds that you can take if it is diagnosed within the first 2 days. Seems to be helping. That is why I've said if you haven't had Shingles and have had Chicken pox as a youngster or even as an adult you have the virus in your system. Immune system goes down and the shingles can come in. Get the Injection and protect yourself. I have a friend who had Shingles years ago, she is having Botox every so often to help with the intense pain that it can leave you with.
Who is Alan Jones and 2GB. I didn't realise I was on an overseas forum. Alan Jones is a radio announcer in Sydney NSW Australia. He is on air 6am to 9am weekdays. He has a very canny outlook on what is happening in Sydney. It is a AM Radio station 873 if one is looking for it. He is also personal friend of our Prime Minister - Tony Abbott.
So where it says where you are from I have put Macarthur Area, (thinking it was a Sydney forum) I live just out of a City called Campbelltown NSW Australia. Yes there are Campbelltown's all over the world. Couldn't find an Edit button to rectify this.
Other than a Budgerigar forum years ago, I haven't been on any others, so I am a real newbie. Regards

HI Betty,

This is a multi-national forum I am in London England, most of our members are from the US, we have Australian, New zealand, and Canadian members as well :D

Hi Hollydolly, Quicksilver & Knightofalbion.
Macarthur Area is South of Liverpool in Sydney NSW. The main City is Campbelltown. Getting slowly built out with new houses.
Called Macarthur as Governor Macarthur had at one time his home in this area. Very historical area. Thank you to the person who posted the quote, very apt in this situation or any situation where pain in involved. One thing though, there is always light at the end of the tunnel.
Have a good weekend. BettyB

Hi BettyB. I'd give up listening to 2GB if I were you. I suspect that is how you developed your outbreak of Shingles. :eek1:
You must avoid stress and excitement if you want to get better.

I'm also from Sydney in the East Hills area.
(Only joking about Alan Jones and 2GB but I couldn't resist having a dig.
I'm not a fan of The Parrot.)

You should enjoy this forum. There are people from the USA, UK, Canada, OZ and NZ.
This means that there is always someone awake 24/7 if you feel like having a chinwag.
You will be able to find a number of sub-forums to suit your interests.
Poke around and start posting. Everyone is very friendly, or at least tolerant of Aussies.
Even bold ones like me.

Hmm, this place could soon be overrun by Aussies, maybe there should be a quota, but if you love the King you are welcome...

Silly, very silly. Now what would the new member think about the mental fitness of her neighbor?

Hi Dame Warrigal. Good to hear from someone from Sydney. As for Alan J. at times I agree with you. I tend to only turn him on for the last 1/2 of the day. He can get rather repetitive at times.
Though I must admit, behind the scenes he does a lot of good.
East Hills, not too far away - by train.
Saturday - a lovely day from what I see so far.
I will go a poke around as you say, and see what others are talking about.

HI Ralphy1. Could never be overrun by Aussies. Too many Yanks around. Yes, I like the King, love his singing. Pity he let himself
go the way he did. The queer thing is, I didn't like him at first, but it wasn't until 1960 onwards I seemed to like him a lot better.
Have a great day.

Hello BB, and welcome to the forum. I have aluminum siding myself. :) I have this lovely cartoon of a Budgie,that you may like. Enjoy!

View attachment 9768

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back