Anthony Bourdain

PamfromTx

SF VIP
Anthony Bourdain died three years ago. He committed suicide. It shocked most of us. On the outside, he seemed to have it all. Fame, wealth, friends, a career he loved, a daughter he adored; but we never know what is going on ~ mentally. A few weeks after his death, I read this written by one of 196267769_353685606121674_3962077368168014780_n[1].jpg

his best friends, Chef Jose Andres. They had just completed the last full episode Tony would film for his CNN show. Jose said something that has stuck with me since, “We have to check in on each other. Show each other we care”.

I hope Anthony is somewhere exploring parts unknown. In the mean time, those of us down here, live, live, live and enjoy the ride while it lasts.

Last edited:
Anthony Bourdain died three years ago. He committed suicide. It shocked most of us. On the outside. He seems to have it all. Fame, wealth, friends, a career he loved, a daughter he adored... but we never know what is going on the inside. A few weeks after his death, I read this written by one of View attachment 168425

his best friends, Chef Jose Andres. They had just completed the last full episode Tony would film for his CNN show. Jose said something that has stuck with me since, “We have to check in on each other. Show each other we care”.

I hope Anthony is somewhere exploring parts unknown. In the mean time, those of us down here, live, live, live and enjoy the ride while it lasts.
Parts Unknown was a great show.
It won twelve Primetime Emmy Awards out of 31 nominations, as well as a 2013 Peabody Award.

I still watch repeats from time to time - sometime recently I watched him in both Singapore and the country he said he would most like to live in of all places Indonesia both for the lifestyle and food. We still miss him of course and feel particularly for his dear daughter - I do hope she safe. But I have cared for or tried to - characters like Anthony and they are like quicksand - you think you are on solid ground and then ya sinkin. He carried around with him perhaps an 'addictive' personality but some of us thought he had shaken it off - do we ever?
I think to have him for a friend would again be like walking on quicksand and yet his best mate and master chef - the french guy fulfilled that role - I wonder whether he saw that coming?

Still missing you Anthony but there are many shows to watch.

ps: I have just realized that for me looking back i cannot say I ever saw anthony truly relaxed - he was always tense and on guard as if waiting for a disaster or afraid of the 'devil' within?

Back