Antiques

After furniture, since I don't have any truly antique furniture, I think of these.

CEVfTga.gif

My parents always had bubble lights on our Christmas tree when I was growing up, and we had some very old ornaments, some that had come over from Germany with my grandmother, and even a little colored parrot that my dad had made in grade school.
The buffet in the background is one that was in our dining room, and the little yellow teapot was my mom’s Hall Aladdin Lamp teapot, and was what she and I always drank our tea out of.
Most of the other furniture we had was very old, too, and so without even thinking about it, I grew up loving that old furniture.

This picture was almost 30 years ago, and taken when my son and his family were visiting me at Christmas.
Even though it is only a memory now, this is what the word “antiques” makes me think of.

6CD7DB4C-6E41-4B8F-93DB-8B795867B7EC.jpeg

We had a couple of kerosene lamps, that we called "hurricane lamps". We bought them new when we had a waterfront house. They disappeared somewhere along the way. We have owned 9 homes over the years.

Back