Anyone been to Branson, Missouri?

I went over 35 years ago and had a great time. I did make the mistake of going during the winter, and a lot of the shows were closed down for the season. I remember the Presley Family Show as being quite good.
But they did slap promotional stickers all over my rental car and getting them off was a chore.

What is the best airport to fly into before driving to Branson? My wife did mention something about visiting close to Christmas. She also mentioned going to the Andy Williams Theater.

What is the best airport to fly into before driving to Branson? My wife did mention something about visiting close to Christmas. She also mentioned going to the Andy Williams Theater.
Not to sure on how big of an airport, but there is on in Branson..
We went around Christmas but a lot of shows and hotels where closed, we enjoyed the Christmas lights..

I’ll have to check it out and if shows are closed, we will wait. I would rather fly into a big airport.

Thanks for the information.

I am thinking of going soon for the concerts. If you went, did you enjoy?

Branson is a real nice place to visit, especially if you are an country/western fan. They have some great shows pretty much year round....check the Branson Shows web site to see who and when....and it is a beautiful area, right on Table Rock Lake. We go down there every 2 or 3 years, and always find something new to do....plus if you like boating/fishing, you can easily find a boat excursion. The Branson airport is good, but primarily for smaller planes, but you can fly into Springfield on a larger jet, and rent a car to take to Branson. Branson is very "family" oriented, so there is something there for all age groups. The hotels and food are excellent, and reasonably priced.

Last edited:
If you are going for the music you will find just about anything you want. I was there last year and I will say that the time of year you go will dictate how crowed it will be. Branson is quite spread out so a car is necessary to get around, but the roads get clogged quite often. If you like congestion, noise, touristy shops and venues, then you many like your visit. They have just about every kind of tourist trap you will find in any resort area. The airport in Springfield, MO has plenty of flights.

It's on Table Rock Lake which connects to Bull Shoals Lake, so if you go in the warmer seasons there are water activities. Branson is in the Ozark Mountains and there are any number of places nearby that offer nice day trips to get away from the hoard of tourists, if you want. Eureka Springs, AK is an easy drive and worth a visit.

If you are planning to go with others in a group you might want to consider renting a condo so you have a choice of fixing your own meals (breakfast and lunch?) instead of having to rely on going out for every meal.

Be sure to visit the Titanic museum -- it was not nearly as cheesy as we thought it would be. LOL! And you might enjoy a visit to the College of the Ozarks, where the students pay no tuition, but work their way through school. Eat lunch or dinner at the very good restaurant.

I'm a HUGE Country music fan, I'd love to visit Branson , but it's not likely to ever happen....

I have seen most of the major older country stars perform
and their shows were okay but not great. They said nothing,
stand in one spot and sing. The best shows were from Moe Bandy and
Jack Greene. I saw George Jones, Haggard, Willie Nelson and Loretta Lynn
among others. Am looking forward to M Gilley, Ronnie Milsap, etc. this month.

Back