Anyone else react to Shingrix vaccine?

Yes, but nothing bad, no worse than the average flu shot. You seem to have a bit more reaction...

I suspect few if any reactions are as bad as getting shingles.
Very true, but there is an additional Extroidinary reason to get a Shingles vaccine, probably Shingrix.

Shingles infection may activate dormant neurological herpes viruses, causing inflammation and accumulation of Alzheimer's associated proteins in the brain​

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2022/07/220729173148.htm

Wow! Hard to believe, but it‘s all over the internet.

Have a December 21 appointment to get the second Shingles vaccine dose.

Shingrix Side Effects: Common, Severe, Long Term

The site includes valuable data from records for percentages for specific side effects for many drugs. From the main drugs dot com page one needs to select the professional tab.
Thank you for posting that link David. Very helpful since I am seriously considering getting the Shingrix vaccine. I found out that I have to pick up the vaccine from my pharmacy. Have to check with my insurance tomorrow to see if they pay for it.

I got my shingles shot # 1 yesterday. Site of shot reaction is uncomfortable, plus I was completely wiped out by yesterday afternoon. I went to bed for 3 hrs. I never nap during the day so that was highly u usual for me. Also I’ve never had that reaction to a vaccine before. Today I’m still feeling puny, but I’m at least somewhat functioning.
View attachment 251119
I had the same issue with mine. Made me feel sick to my stomach as well. I felt lousy for a couple days. I'm thankful it's a lifetime vaccine.

I had the Shingles Booster shot a few year ago and felt awful for a few days. I ran into a nurse I know, in the village and she had heard that from quite a few people who had the booster.

Still, I know people who never had the shots and they got Shingles and it was miserable for them.

I got my shingles shot # 1 yesterday. Site of shot reaction is uncomfortable, plus I was completely wiped out by yesterday afternoon. I went to bed for 3 hrs. I never nap during the day so that was highly u usual for me. Also I’ve never had that reaction to a vaccine before. Today I’m still feeling puny, but I’m at least somewhat functioning.
View attachment 251119
The second shot made me feel very tired for a few days. The first shot, no issues.

Back