Anyone know what these are?

The chair thing maybe but I would think they would have a screw instead of a spike. Perhaps the weight of the chair kept them in place?

I hope you did well at your sale and didn't have to put up with any devaluing jerks.

I hope you did well at your sale and didn't have to put up with any devaluing jerks.
There are always a few of those that show up, usually 2 hours before the advertised starting time, then expect I'll take 90% off the asking prices.

One of the first people to show up on Friday was a man on the older side of middle-age. he looked over the box of hand tools, then looked through it again, than a third time. After that he said he wanted to see my other tools. I informed him that the only tools for sale were the ones in the toolbox. He looked around a little, than asked where my other tools were. I explained again that the only ones were in the toolbox on the porch. Then he looked through the box again. I was getting a little steamed by this point. I spoke kind of sharply to him since he had been here for 45 minutes looking and looking the same things over and over. I said "Now you've looked through the toolbox 4 times and you've seen what was in it. Why do you keep looking in it?" His only replay was "Where are your other tools?" I was beginning to think he was a little "touched". He finally left, but I thing he thought I was holding out on him.

I got rained out today.

I advertised a horseshoe game on Marketplace. Now I keep getting PMed by a man that wants them, so I told him to come today, but he said he was working, I then said how about tomorrow, Same answer- working. I asked him if there was any time he wasn't working and his only reply was he'd like me to bring them to him where he works. Yeah...that's gonna happen.

hoseshoesr.jpg

Last edited:
Not the aesthetics for a curtain pullback.
1.5” and that narrow pin isn’t a very safe candle holder.
As for on the floor, it would scratch the wood. Guess it would be ok on a carpeted area. Of the three, this is the one I’d choose.

They seem to be big-candle holders.

The spike goes in the bottom of the candle.

This was what I thought when I saw your pictures, before I'd read the posts that followed, above.

And when I showed the picture to someone even older than me,
(without giving them any clues) they said the same.
They said you heated up that spike, first, so it would slide into the candle waxes.

They go on metal chair legs to keep them from scratching the floor or tearing the carpet. I know because I had a metal dining set. The damn things wear out eventually and won't stay on anymore. Finally got rid of it and bought a wooden dining set.

By the way, I'm not claiming that my source was definitely correct, either. ;)

The person I asked, is just old enough, :giggle:
and familiar enough with these types of items, that they should be old enough,:ROFLMAO:
to have first hand knowledge and to know, :LOL:
but they might be incorrect, too.:)

Last edited:
They were in a box out at my sale and someone said they were to put on the bottom of chair legs to help slide across a floor. Another person said they were curtain tie-back pins. Maybe they are even something else....

View attachment 182204
cabinet door pulls with the protector behind the knobs. The protector helps to keep finger prints down, specially a kitchen cabinet.

Back