Anyone Schedule for the Vaccine this Week?

Chris21E

Wondering if anyone has an appointment setup. I finally got one with CVS not to far, and no standing in line or getting shots while in a car. Drive buy shots, did that with flu.

Tired of the negative stories, especially since I might have issues. We shall see.

If wondering about my profile, it is under chrise which I lost my login. I'm suffering from a password overload.

No idea how this will turn out, trying to be positive. My reason for doing this is I might need to be in public more, being a computer person.

The appointment is set for 4 pm pst 2.28.2021 and the second in March.

My wife got her first dose yesterday....easy deal, and right on schedule...at the local health clinic. I got my first shot about 2 weeks ago, and we are both scheduled for the 2nd shot 30 days after the 1st. We opted to get our shots at different times, in case one/both of us had adverse reactions, so we wouldn't run the risk of both feeling bad at the same time.
From what I'm seeing, our rural areas are administering these shots in a far more orderly fashion than many of the cities....no big lines, and in and out in a matter of minutes.

My wife got her first dose yesterday....easy deal, and right on schedule...at the local health clinic. I got my first shot about 2 weeks ago, and we are both scheduled for the 2nd shot 30 days after the 1st. We opted to get our shots at different times, in case one/both of us had adverse reactions, so we wouldn't run the risk of both feeling bad at the same time.
From what I'm seeing, our rural areas are administering these shots in a far more orderly fashion than many of the cities....no big lines, and in and out in a matter of minutes.
Thank you...

I'm scheduled for my second one on Monday. Since my PCP is affiliated with the local med university, they just sent me an email when it was my turn for the first jab and I picked the date, and after the first one, they scheduled the second.

I wasn't going to get the vaccine but my almost-3yr-old former foster son visits on weekends and he started preschool (live), so I figured I'd best go ahead.

My husband got his first shot yesterday (Moderna). So far he has a minor headache and slightly sore arm. We expected his reaction to being worse because he had Covid a couple of months ago. My first shot is scheduled for mid-March.
I'm so glad you are sharing, not sure if I had it last year and can't find out if being on medications will be an issue for me, hopefully, we can share as we go through this. I'm trying not to focus on anything negative.

Told the immune response will be even stronger if we had covid before, trying to avoid pain meds. Thank you...

Wondering if anyone has an appointment setup. I finally got one with CVS not to far, and no standing in line or getting shots while in a car. Drive buy shots, did that with flu.

Tired of the negative stories, especially since I might have issues. We shall see.

Nothing negative with the way they are inoculating herein Denton county Texas.
My first shot took 45 minutes and yesterday went after a thunderstorm for my second
and it took about the same. There were over 400 volunteers helping at Texas Motor Speedway
and that made for an efficient operation. To find out more about my COVID shots read the
blog I wrote about the first shot..... click this link.

I tried to get an appointment with CVS just now and they don't have any available in my city. I'll just wait.
Keep trying, my first try was told none as well, plus a backlog several inches deep, so I kept checking other places to distract myself...key not giving up, also trying I prepare for possible symptoms.

The hospital that should offer still has a backlog giving it out to essential workers, I asked when having lab work yesterday, got some ideas and to keep trying...

Try downloading the CVS again to see if you have the latest app with the covid vaccine info, also check local super markets that have a pharmacy...

Keep trying, my first try was told none as well, plus a backlog several inches deep, so I kept checking other places to distract myself...key not giving up, also trying I prepare for possible symptoms.

The hospital that should offer still has a backlog giving it out to essential workers, I asked when having lab work yesterday, got some ideas and to keep trying...

Try downloading the CVS again to see if you have the latest app with the covid vaccine info, also check local super markets that have a pharmacy...
I will but I'm not in a hurry either. The hospital also told me they'd contact me via MyChart when it's available but I'd rather go to a pharmacy. I may try Walgreen's like RadishRose suggested or another in my city. I don't use my cell phone for contacting cvs (tried that a few times but it's been a pain) but my computer and I have the website bookmarked.

Had my first dose less than an hour ago. Slick, never even had to exit my auto. National guard and medical personnel handled everything, 4 lines moving slowly but steady. Waited for 15 minutes before heading home. 2nd dose in 3 weeks. Shot and bandage both free.

Update: 3 hours after 1st dose, 5 hours after noon meal - SA - glucose @ 88 (Normal). Another incidence of misinformation BS in my case.

Last edited:
I will but I'm not in a hurry either. The hospital also told me they'd contact me via MyChart when it's available but I'd rather go to a pharmacy. I may try Walgreen's like RadishRose suggested or another in my city. I don't use my cell phone for contacting cvs (tried that a few times but it's been a pain) but my computer and I have the website bookmarked.
I understand, now just want o get through it, using classical music or nature sounds to stay calm
Ocean sounds.. Fri Youtube

Had my first dose less than an hour ago. Slick, never even had to exit my auto. National guard and medical personnel handled everything, 4 lines moving slowly but steady. Waited for 15 minutes before heading home. 2nd dose in 3 weeks. Shot and bandage both free.
Awesome...I'm getting things done before the shot...things like supply food water errands so I can focus, called being kind to one self...

We hope to get our Moderna 2nd shots Friday, if all goes well. I have been tracking the available appointments and it appears there are many available. The new schedule for next week will probably come out on Monday,

NOOOOOOOOOO.... My body rejected the Flu shot over 30 years ago.. I got very sick ...thank goodness I have not gotten the flu thus far. I pass on the vaccine.
That was a problem I had and hadn't had a flu shot for years. Last year I had to see a new Doctor because my old Doctor retired. The new Doctor gave me the flu shot and I didn't have a reaction. That's why I was happy to get the vaccine for the covid and all went well with the vaccine too.

That was a problem I had and hadn't had a flu shot for years. Last year I had to see a new Doctor because my old Doctor retired. The new Doctor gave me the flu shot and I didn't have a reaction. That's why I was happy to get the vaccine for the covid and all went well with the vaccine too.
Everyone's decision is ok... We take chances and hope for the best, never thought I would make it this far...so no apologies needed...

Back