Anyone Use Bells Stuffing Mix And/Or Seasoning?

fmdog44

Just saw a cooking show that used Bells seasoning for her Thanksgiving dressing recipe and the audience reacted like it was the best. I have never heard of it. Comments?

I had a friend who swore by Bells. It contains a combo of sage and other seasonings. I tried it, did not much care for it. Went back to using just sage in my stuffing, and Poultry seasoning for other chicken recipes
large_e40c9175-622d-4f6c-b05b-ac92be885355.jpg

I was raised with Bell's seasoning and I've continued the tradition.

I've used packaged stuffing in a pinch but I prefer to start with day-old bread.

The old one dish company chicken recipe is a good way to enjoy packaged stuffing.

4 cups stuffing mix prepared according to package directions.
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, fresh turkey cutlets or leftover poultry cut into chunks.
1 can of Campbell's cream of something soup.
1/3 cup of milk or 1 cup of sour cream.
2 cups of vegetables. Things like mushrooms, broccoli, green beans, mixed vegetables, etc...

Preheat oven to 400F.

Put poultry and vegetables into a 2-3 quart baking dish, combine soup milk/sour cream and pour over the casserole, top with the prepared stuffing mix and bake uncovered for 30-45 minutes until everything is brown and bubbly.

If you do a quick search you will find many variations of this easy comfort food casserole.

My grandmother used it, my mother used it, and I use it, as does all of my family. I wouldn't think of using anything else in my stuffings.

Back