Apple tracking device for locationg lost 'items' being used by car thieves

WhatInThe

An Apple tracking device that was intended to tag items so they can be found by Iphone when lost is now being used by car theives to tag cars where theives find the home and steal the owner keys. 5 known thefts using this method so far.

https://www.newsweek.com/apple-airt...ame 'air tags',are stolen from the driveway."

Wonder if they detectable with wifi or bluetooth locator apps.

I guess if it’s very specific car they have an ‘order’ for, it might be worth tagging it.

If a thief wants to find a high end car, all they have to do is drive to a higher end neighbourhood.

I guess if it’s very specific car they have an ‘order’ for, it might be worth tagging it.

If a thief wants to find a high end car, all they have to do is drive to a higher end neighbourhood.
But they want the keys as well. So they find the owner's home, break in for the keys and that's if they are lucky because people are being robbed in their driveways as they pull in or out.

But they want the keys as well. So they find the owner's home, break in for the keys and that's if they are lucky because people are being robbed in their driveways as they pull in or out.
The thieves don’t need the keys. They have devices to override the starters. It happened to a friend’s DD who lives in the area that article is discussing.

The thieves don’t need the keys. They have devices to override the starters. It happened to a friend’s DD who lives in the area that article is discussing.
My guess these are entry level criminals. It could be about filling someone's wish list or they think a residential neighborhood is easier. Yes and no although strangers stick out in residential neighborhoods.

Back