Arcturus: The new and improved covid variant!

SeniorBen

What is Different About Arcturus?​

The Arcturus variant has a higher transmissibility rate than previous strains, but what stands out is that it brings with it an all-new COVID-19 symptom: conjunctivitis, also known as pink eye, which is often combined with itchiness.

Arcturus is responsible for a surge in COVID case counts in some parts of the world, including India, where itchy or "sticky" eyes have been most frequently reported in children, along with typical flu-like symptoms of a cough, cold and fever.

XBB.1.16 has been detected in 22 countries, including the United States.

How Prevalent is Arcturus in the United States?​

While there are Arcturus cases in the United States, so far there are not many, but we may see surges in the coming weeks according to scientists. Out of the 10 health care regions defined by the CDC, Arcturus appears to be the most prevalent in Region 6, which includes Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas. In that region, it made up 21% of all COVID cases during the week of April 9.

Is the Arcturus Variant Dangerous?​

While higher levels of infection are being seen with newer variants, generally, they tend to be causing less severe illness. This is likely the result of higher vaccination rates, higher rates of immunity from previous infection and a weakening in the potential to produce disease in recent variants.

Doctors still encourage us to not let our guards down and to continue practicing COVID-19 prevention measures, including washing your hands frequently, avoiding close contact with people who are sick and staying home if you feel sick or have any COVID symptoms.
https://www.adventhealth.com/blog/all-you-need-know-about-arcturus-covid-19-variant

What is Different About Arcturus?​

The Arcturus variant has a higher transmissibility rate than previous strains, but what stands out is that it brings with it an all-new COVID-19 symptom: conjunctivitis, also known as pink eye, which is often combined with itchiness.

Arcturus is responsible for a surge in COVID case counts in some parts of the world, including India, where itchy or "sticky" eyes have been most frequently reported in children, along with typical flu-like symptoms of a cough, cold and fever.

XBB.1.16 has been detected in 22 countries, including the United States.

How Prevalent is Arcturus in the United States?​

While there are Arcturus cases in the United States, so far there are not many, but we may see surges in the coming weeks according to scientists. Out of the 10 health care regions defined by the CDC, Arcturus appears to be the most prevalent in Region 6, which includes Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas. In that region, it made up 21% of all COVID cases during the week of April 9.

Is the Arcturus Variant Dangerous?​

While higher levels of infection are being seen with newer variants, generally, they tend to be causing less severe illness. This is likely the result of higher vaccination rates, higher rates of immunity from previous infection and a weakening in the potential to produce disease in recent variants.

Doctors still encourage us to not let our guards down and to continue practicing COVID-19 prevention measures, including washing your hands frequently, avoiding close contact with people who are sick and staying home if you feel sick or have any COVID symptoms.
https://www.adventhealth.com/blog/all-you-need-know-about-arcturus-covid-19-variant
Strange but when I had covid a year ago, despite having had all my jabs, I had red eyes. I recovered in about a week but have had poor health ever since I.

Back