Are some foods getting more dilute?

Time for you to start being more selective in your choices as far as brands go, Deb.

ADAMS peanut butter, 100% pure natural goodness... no additives, no nothing, just 100% peanuts.

Cottage cheese contains high sodium, not good for ones health (not trying to chastise you, just saying).

Time for you to start being more selective in your choices as far as brands go, Deb.

ADAMS peanut butter, 100% pure natural goodness... no additives, no nothing, just 100% peanuts.

Cottage cheese contains high sodium, not good for ones health (not trying to chastise you, just saying).
Laura Scudder's - also natural.

I have noticed some foods do not taste as good as they used to. Even restaurant food. I love Chinese food and have eaten certain entrees for years, but now, even our favorite one that used to be so good is not that good anymore. I have been finding my own recipes of the dishes I like and will be making them here for Sonny & me. They put so much garbage in processed foods that eventually, you have to make your own and not just for health reasons but for good taste too.

I notice it with some things.

Mayonnaise doesn’t seem as thick also cream of anything soups that used to come out of the can in a solid mass.

The television chef Michael Chiarello used to laugh and say ‘now it’s time to add the profit’ every time he added water to a dish that he was making.😉
Some companies have not changed their products. "Best Foods" mayonnaise seems to be the same as it was.

And (LOL) "Kirkland" toilet paper has refused to narrow their roll like most other manufacturers have to cut costs.

I think some companies are looking for cheaper sources for food production & cheaper usually means inferior.
Agreed.
Some companies have not changed their products. "Best Foods" mayonnaise seems to be the same as it was.
The mayo is the same. The size of the jar is decreasing. It was on sale so I bought my summer supply today.

Last edited:
I would swear that things like juices, cottage cheese and peanut butter are getting more dilute and watery. The last container of cottage cheese I got had more whey than curd and the jar of peanut butter was really soft - just ran off the knife - and oily.
And that is after they have already made the container smaller. Presumably, they think that two wrongs make a right.

Back