Are they changing the color of stop lights? Or is it me?

They put up some brand new stop lights near me. So I was sitting waiting for it to change, when I noticed the "RED" was an orangey color. Then it turned "GREEN", but it was really blue. As I drove I noticed that orange red and definitely blue colors on all the stop lights. If we still had the Soviet Union, I'd say this was a Commie plot. You could argue that the orange/red light could be taken for "RED", but no way is that GREEN light Green, it's blue. Are they changing the color of stop lights? Or is it me?

They put up some brand new stop lights near me. So I was sitting waiting for it to change, when I noticed the "RED" was an orangey color. Then it turned "GREEN", but it was really blue. As I drove I noticed that orange red and definitely blue colors on all the stop lights. If we still had the Soviet Union, I'd say this was a Commie plot. You could argue that the orange/red light could be taken for "RED", but no way is that GREEN light Green, it's blue. Are they changing the color of stop lights? Or is it me?

Monitor this issue closely....and note other examples of colors. If this persists, see a doctor, as such a symptom could be an issue with your brains neuroreceptors.

Well in Japan they have Blue stop lights in some areas. .. but of course, that has nothing to do with PA.

https://www.rd.com/culture/heres-japan-blue-traffic-lights/

00_blue_Japan-Uses-Blue-Traffic-Lights-Instead-of-Green—Here’s-Why_193640693-Salaryman-760x506.jpg

LOL. Made me think about those floaters I started getting last year. Freaked me out until my optometrist told me what they were & they're a normal part of aging with many people.
I thought I was losing my mind, shooing away flies that weren't there.

You might want to check with your eye doctor. Sometimes I think there is an inherited cell degeneration behind the eyes but I think thats only for color-blindness. I'm clueless really but makes me think an eye check might be helpful.

Thank you, Bonnie. Your pic above is exactly what I mean. The "green" light is BLUE. All the newer lights around here have that blue and orange/red colors. It IS a Commie plot. I have to admit that I thought it was my eyes , which were working correctly. But I still see trees as green things,
Maybe it's a plot by eye doctors to get more business .... 😃

It's not you. Where I live a couple of lights have changed like this although the green is green not blue. The red is orangey. All are lighter and don't flash

It

It's not you. I've run into a couple of these where I live and they're so pale I don't even realize the light has changed. It must be a new type of light and I don't like it.

Back