Are you a tea lover?

Tea is my "go to" beverage. I've tried almost any tea I can find, even exotic blends. I think my all-time favorite is Earl Grey - either Bigelow or Stash. I've tired other brands of EG and they are either bitter or don't seem to have much bergamont flavor. Other teas I like are Bigelow French Vanilla and rose flavored back tea. The rose tea I have to get when I go to the "big city" at the Asian market, but even then, I have not seen it on the shelves in a while.
Other teas I liked very much, but can no longer find are: Stash's "White Christmas", Bromley's "China Black" and Salada "Asian Plum" tea. I seldom get the run-of-the-mill orange pekoe or chai varities. One time I filled a large chair with boxes of tea:

Attachments

• rose black tea.jpg
    rose black tea.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 2
  • tea.jpg
    tea.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I usually use supermarket black tea bags, sometimes I add a few whole cloves to the pot.

I also like Constant Comment hot or cold.

s-l300.jpg

I go from coffee to tea at times but have been enjoying coffee more lately. It's time for me to get back to the teas. I absolutely love Earl Gray tea the most. I have Jasmine tea and Oolong and some Green tea at the moment.

being a true brit I should love my tea but -I cannot say iam a tea lover odd cuppa through the day ..

I usually use supermarket black tea bags, sometimes I add a few whole cloves to the pot.

I also like Constant Comment hot or cold.

s-l300.jpg
That was one of my mom's favorites. She had it at her sister-in-law's one time, but back then (early 1960s) you had to go to a specialty store to get it (at least in this area). Now it's available almost everywhere. It's okay, but I find it a little heavy on the cloves for my taste. I might get a box near Christmas because, to me, it has a Christmassy flavor.

I have always been a tea drinker and love stash tea. There is a tea shop downtown and I love to buy different teas and blend them myself. For a couple of years I even grew a few kinds of mint tea.

I've drunk tea all my adult life, mostly Lipton black, but I've tried other brands like Stash and Twinings. But, sometimes it would leave me a bit nauseous. Maybe it's the tannin. I tried Lipton and Stash green tea, but didn't like them. But, I remembered having green tea in a Chinese restaurant that was really good. So, I did a little research and ordered a couple samples of Chinese green tea from a dealer on the internet. They were loose leaf; Longjing and Yunwu. I brewed them as recommended and they were very nice, fragrant, and no nausea. So, I'm converted. Right now I'm drinking some Japanese Sencha tea and it's good too. I make a cup in the morning and save the leaves. I get another cup in the afternoon and one after dinner out of them and they're all good.

Don

I like iced tea but have never really cared much for hot teas. I will sip hot spiced tea with lemon when I have a cold; somehow it is soothing.

Back