Are you addicted to your Mobile phone?

kburra

For instance, could you leave it a drawer, say for a week , unused?

not addicted, but as it is my only phone can't leave it in a drawer since my kids call all the time and would call the police if they couldn't get in touch :giggle: (they all live out of state).

No, not addicted. I only use it when I go out-in my car, for emergences. I haven’t been out of the house in over month, so long that my car battery is down and the car won’t start.

No, not addicted. I only use it when I go out-in my car, for emergences. I haven’t been out of the house in over month, so long that my car battery is down and the car won’t start.
That happened to me Friday. Had a doctor's appt and the last time I drove my car was 4 weeks ago. The battery was dead. Luckily, my neighbor was outside and he gave me a jump. Just made it to the doctor on time and then had to wait 45 minutes to be seen. G-R-R-R !!

I use my cell phone for emergency calls only, and so in an era of "smart" phones have a dumb, basic one which can only be used for calls and texts. I wouldn't even have one at all if coin-operated pay phones hadn't gone the way of the dinosaurs. At the end of the month I usually have the same number of minutes that I started with...

No I could not leave it in a drawer for a week because I have family that I want to make sure can reach me if necessary. For instance, some things were going on with all my grandchildren since the new year came in. Three of them wound up having to be hospitalized. Also I check prayer times, play my music projected on to my JBL speaker, use my calculator and calendar functions, play Words With Friends and Cody Cross daily and get calls from the senior transport as to what time I'll be picked up to go to the center. Sometimes I there's texting going on. But I'm not one who walks around..face in phone all the time like some of the young'uns do.

No one has my number, not even my husband or children, I have no wish to be in communication with people when I am out an about. I only take it with me when I am driving just in case of an emergency, it is always switched off.

I'm not addicted to it but sure as heck use it more than once a week!
Ditto.!! My phone is charged up at all times... and I use it regularly but I'm definitely not addicted to it. I take it with me whenever I go out , and I'm guilty of missing calls because it's somewhere in the bottom of my bag, I don't carry it in my hand or pocket... however I do use it often during the week to receive calls more than make them... and also for other Apps...

Last edited:
Addicted: "physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance, and unable to stop taking it without incurring adverse effects"

Hmmmm...well...I guess I am, sort of... It does have my emails for notices of books in the library, mastercard statements that are due; my app for my food (weight loss), listen to music. News via Twitter, facebook to keep in touch with family and friends. Calendar for all my appointments; contact list with all my phone numbers (sons, daughter, sisters and brothers). Charge cards.

So I guess I would incur adverse effects if I didn't take it with me. I don't use it when I am active taking with others; conversations, check out lines at stores, etc. I can leave it for some time if I am reading, walking (but I use my Apple phone watch for that), talking, sitting and gazing out at nature. Shall I go on? On a positive note: I probably wouldn't use the phone as much if I didn't have help from my daughter.

Back