Are you glad you're not famous?

hypochondriac

I love anonymity. I only envy the money famous people have. But dont famous people get tired of all the attention?
Cant even go to the Supermarket without someone wanting a selfie with them. What a drag! No privacy. Paparazzi camped outside your house. No thanks.

I did have my '15 min of Fame' 12 yrs ago which was a total surprise
USA Today,a national newspaper here in the U.S., for years had a columnist,Craig Wilson who had a weekly column called the "Final Word'.{1996-2013}He wrote on all different topics in a humorous way.He grew up here in WNY in Niagara Country. In 2001,I started to email him about once a month,he always responded In 2003 a friend of mine&I went to Medina to meet him in person at a local bookstore where he was signing copies of his book.
When I was working,I would always make copies of his column for couple of co-workers,but I would never read the column until I got home In 2007 that all changed when he mentioned me along with other people he considered'family'. A couple of my co-workers told me I was in this wk's column,but I didn't believe them until they showed me. I was stunned .When I got home,I emailed him and thanked him.I sent copies of the column to my family. Its not every day your name is mentioned in a national newspaper Sue

I don't know. It's a bit hard to know how you'd handle fame not having been there.
But taking past decisions and judgments inro account, I'd probably blow it, then
wish for some anonymity. So I'll stay as I am and envy you or someone else who
becomes rich and famous.

I don't even know if I'd want their money really. I have two bucks in the bank, & a buck in my pocket......so for money I'm happy.
Now if i could find relief from arthritis ?......I'd be a billionaire.......(y)

What? I'm not famous? Darn I knew I should have married that Kardashian gal when I had the chance.:giggle:

No, I don't want to be famous which these days seems synonymous with notorious. I wouldn't mind a few more bucks in the old bank account though. They say wealth can't buy happiness but I'd be willing to take the risk.

Fame seems to be addictive. At least, those who are regarded as 'celebs' in the modern world, become anxious when they haven't been in the newspapers for a few days. They will desperately do something to attract attention.

For a very short while I was a local celeb and hated it. It was a great relief when everyone's attention turned to someone else.

Never wanted to be famous. I like my quiet, simple life.
I'm not interested in being super wealthy either. It takes a lot of work to invest, keep and understand how to deal with a great deal of money. I would be happy with an unlimited travel budget :)

Are you glad you're not famous?

"Erm, not famous?" "Me?" "I'll have you know I'm very famous, the world just hasn't cottoned onto it yet!"
😆

No I prefer the quiet life. It seems whenever someone is famous the media tries to destroy them or at least search for something to destroy them. I know you lose your anonymity when you become famous but that doesn’t give others the right to tear others apart.

Back