Are you going to try the new "meatless" whopper?

The Impossible Burger. Yeah Ron and I are curious. We’re going to get one this weekend. I’m really curious.

Pretty sure you can buy the patty at stores, much like you would any other meatless burger. Burger King is the first fast food chain to offer it on their menu.

Will do. I'm a vegan and don't particularly miss eating meat, but there are times when I'm out of the house, hungry, and wish I could grab a fast-food something or other that's more substantial than the typically dreadful salad offerings.

Beyond Meat burgers are pretty good. We've had them at a fast food place and also bought some frozen patties to bring when people invite us to a BBQ. Their brats are quite good.

Impossible Burgers are not yet available through grocery stores - at least not in my area. IB's are reputedly the best of the best among the meatless class, so I'm eager to give one a try.

Meatless meat reminds me of artificial sweeteners. The ingredients needed to make it seem like what it isn't are probably not good for us. IMO, it's better to eat less of the real thing than eating fake food.

We seldom have a hamburger at a fast food place....usually just a cup of coffee at McDonalds, and an Egg McMuffin, if we stop in the morning hours. We pass a couple of Burger Kings when we are going to the city, but I can't think of the last time we stopped there. If McD offers one of these, some day, we may try one, but I wouldn't go out of my way to get a "Soy Burger".

We did
Couple days ago
If I hadn't known it was meatless, I'd have thought it to be a rather dry, tasteless burger
It did have generous tomatoes and lettuce, onions and mayo
But too damn big

Nope since I have celiac disease and the patties are made by Morning Star Farms. Can't even try it bunless since a lot of MSF fake meat items contain gluten.

Last edited:
I do not think so. But, an interesting thing happened the other day. I had a sudden craving for grease on a bun, and drove to BK. There was a sign on the drive through speaker saying "sorry, we are out of burgers, Only chicken available." NO burgers at all. Why do I get the feeling that whoever handles their food ordering got themselves a "talking to"

I do not think so. But, an interesting thing happened the other day. I had a sudden craving for grease on a bun, and drove to BK. There was a sign on the drive through speaker saying "sorry, we are out of burgers, Only chicken available." NO burgers at all. Why do I get the feeling that whoever handles their food ordering got themselves a "talking to"
That's something that never would have occured to me....a burger joint out of burgers! (LOL at "grease on a bun")

Many people are moving toward meatless meals and foods less focused on animal products.

Meatless burgers are not genetically engineered - at least no more so than beef burgers. They're not actually "fake meat," but rather vegetable-based foods that taste like meat. A big difference from gunk like the rather disgusting pink slime concoction widely used in fast food burgers until Jamie Oliver and some media outlets outed them.

Back