Are you "languishing?"

Irwin

Last edited:
Yesterday,I was at a very low point after working so hard on something for 3 weeks.
I gave it my all. And turned out just wearing myself out and taking a real blow...all my efforts seemingly fruitless.

Today, I'm on a high after attending an awesome church I found a month ago.
The Pastor said something that really resonated with me and so timely regarding yesterdays experience.

He spoke of Risk that may have a Cost...and for which may have a Reward.
That reward may not be a reward in this life but rather a reward in our new life.
My good deed wasn't done for the purpose of reward but it feels better to know that it wasn't for nothing.

And it just may not be fruitless either...as time goes on.

Yesterday,I was at a very low point after working so hard on something for 3 weeks.
I gave it my all. And turned out just wearing myself out and taking a real blow...all my efforts seemingly fruitless.

Today, I'm on a high after attending an awesome church I found a month ago.
The Pastor said something that really resonated with me and so timely regarding yesterdays experience.

He spoke of Risk that may have a Cost...and for which may have a Reward.
That reward may not be a reward in this life but rather a reward in our new life.
My good deed wasn't done for the purpose of reward but it feels better to know that it wasn't for nothing.

And it just may not be fruitless either...as time goes on.
"The try is counted as righteousness" has carried me through more than a few times, Lara!

I understand that feeling down for a long period of time, due to the state of the world, is seemingly hopeless.
My sadness is over what the future generations are going to have to deal with.
What we are experiencing now is nothing compared to the future.
Seems to me this is said by every generation about future generations. I think all generations have their challenges and opportunities to overcome...

Sometimes though you just need to "kick back" as we say here in Texas, put your boots up and
maybe read a while...lol. You can't be going full steam all the time.
'tis true what you say ma'am... I am an avid reader , but only when I'm in bed now , unlike when I was younger.. otherwise I fall asleep.

I always need something to do.an hour would be the max I can go without doing anything before I'm climbing the walls.

In the end i sorted out some things in the barn and shed today... then taught myelf some new technology with regard to my home security system, but thanks for the suggestion...

Last edited:
There must be a lot of people on this forum who are 'languishing' at the moment and reading upbeat comments about how people are feeling doesn't help. If we get through this rotten situation unscathed, it will be a miracle.

Are you "languishing?"​

Sometimes I wish I had it in me to Languish

Can't

Maybe one day, if my lady passes before me
That'd be a toughy

Living in the moment seems to help
reading upbeat comments about how people are feeling doesn't help
I get that

If someone tells me to cheer up, when I'm pissed, it sets me off even more than my normal snit of rage.
Especially if they're happy

No, I don't languish

My temper seems to fill that void
I might prefer a good languish vs a fit of anger
Don't know

Maybe it's good to be content with one's faults

Someone else's might not be as nice

There must be a lot of people on this forum who are 'languishing' at the moment and reading upbeat comments about how people are feeling doesn't help. If we get through this rotten situation unscathed, it will be a miracle.
I think that pretty much everyone has, in some way or another, been scathed already, even if only a little. It seems like harmless enough fun they're having. Last time I looked outside, the sun was still shining and flowers were still growing. Come over where I am. Things may be rotten in Denmark but I enjoyed a sunny, if rainy day languishing away.

With regards to the covid "rotten situation," that's self-inflicted suffering. There's no good reason we should be having another outbreak at this time. It's due entirely to the behavior of a certain segment of the population.

With regards to the covid "rotten situation," that's self-inflicted suffering. There's no good reason we should be having another outbreak at this time. It's due entirely to the behavior of a certain segment of the population.
Ahhh, segment schmegment, 100 years from now people will look back on us and laugh. They may even wonder if we ever could find agreement about anything! I wonder that now myself.

Back