Are you more tired out nowadays

Depends how old you are or if you have health issues.., also if you have been sitting at home doing very little then try to do stuff you're not used to you're going to feel more tired than normal.

Keep exercising as much as you can.. walk around the block if that's all you can do...it will help you from being so tired ...

Great opinions.
Depression can definitely cause fatigue.....but trying to fill your day with activity is a real plus.
You don't have to run a marathon.....lift weights or anything like that.
Time outside....whether you're doing something great or minimal, doesn't matter.....try and fill your time with activities of what you may enjoy to help break fatigue times.
I have noticed the last couple years, i do get tired more easily, i slow down, take breaks.
Unfortunately having health issues can be downers as well.
I think sometimes sleeping too much can cause more tired spells......IMO.
Do what works for you.

@Victor I would not assume you are clinically depressed unless you have a history of depression. Situational depression, you can goggle this, can be caused by many factors including a lack of sunlight. Being in the sunshine, getting outside, walking should cheer you up considerably.

If you continue to have issues, I suggest you talk to your doctor, after all, Covid-19 is a real bummer and causing a lot of people a certain degree of depression. IMO.

@Victor I would not assume you are clinically depressed unless you have a history of depression. Situational depression, you can goggle this, can be caused by many factors including a lack of sunlight. Being in the sunshine, getting outside, walking should cheer you up considerably.

If you continue to have issues, I suggest you talk to your doctor, after all, Covid-19 is a real bummer and causing a lot of people a certain degree of depression. IMO.
I agree. The way we've been forced to live for the past 13 months would sap the life out of anyone. You're not alone. I feel more tired than I used to but it's just lack of things to do due to covid restrictions. See of there's anything fun you can do and do it. It could make you feel better.

Funny thing, being cooped up most of the time, I do feel rather sluggish. When I have to go out to run an errand or two, I seem to come back full of energy.

Funny thing about English ... why does "sluggish" refer to being tired or lacking energy instead of wanting to SLUG somebody?

Of course, "slug" itself seems misplaced since a slug is that wet thing that SLOWLY crawls along. Given the reference to that thing that crawls along, then "sluggish" referring to lack of energy would make sense and the phrase "slug somebody" does not.

One version of "slug" is a verb, and the other a noun. Weird, huh? :unsure:

The inconsistencies of the English (or American version) language are really quite humorous until you are trying to teach a new immigrant adult how to speak the language.

Tony

"Are you more tired out today" Absolutely, I've been taking Human Growth Hormones and Testosterone supplements since January and I can tell a difference in strength and stamina from then till now. I still have to ride the little electric scooter getting groceries.

If I don't do something really meaningful and interesting every day I get malaise depressed. Even my antidepressant isn't enough. Exercise isn't a help nor is food. My asthma makes it worse. TV and movies don't last long. I do serious academic wwriting that I enjoy and requires no energy. I hate stagnation so much
the exercise makes your asthma worse?

If I don't do something really meaningful and interesting every day I get malaise depressed. Even my antidepressant isn't enough. Exercise isn't a help nor is food. My asthma makes it worse. TV and movies don't last long. I do serious academic wwriting that I enjoy and requires no energy. I hate stagnation so much
Keeping my restless mind engaged is a must. Also, I am a people person. If my time in the outside world is curtailed, stimulation can be more of a challenge without a true sense of connection. I have learned to connect in

different ways . I am unable to return to work for some time yet, so I am researching material for a possible article or book in the making. Lots of online conversations, some frivolous and fun, others of a more academic or artistic nature. Works for me.

stress and depression wear me out more Victor. this past year has been absolutely exhausting.
yes I feel that does the same to everyone suffering from stress, and fo course this last year has been very stressful for the majority to a greater or lesser degree...

Chronic ailments cause stress, and exhaustion..

Lack of exercise causes extreme tiredness..

Anaemia...

So many things..

I am not one to take naps but if I find myself doing that, I know I need to get outside. Sitting on the recliner watching videos or being at my computer all day seems to tire me out more than doing something more physical. At the end of the day after not doing much to speak of I feel a bit down like i wasted my day or something. Not really depressed though.

I have never fully recovered my strength and energy from when I had the Coronavirus. Doc said it may take a year to get it all back, but there is no data to give any prognosis at this time. He also said that I am not alone with this complaint from people who also had the Virus.

yes I feel that does the same to everyone suffering from stress, and fo course this last year has been very stressful for the majority to a greater or lesser degree...

Chronic ailments cause stress, and exhaustion..

Lack of exercise causes extreme tiredness..

Anaemia...

So many things..
Husband and wives locked together 24/7 extremely stressful and kids, don’t get me started on kids 😂

I have never fully recovered my strength and energy from when I had the Coronavirus. Doc said it may take a year to get it all back, but there is no data to give any prognosis at this time. He also said that I am not alone with this complaint from people who also had the Virus.
I notice this with my son as well although I don’t think he’s aware that I notice. I’ve never beaten him on steps but since he had the virus he walks a lot less and my steps are much more than his on a weekly basis.

Back