Are you prepared..............you know.........for..........Thursday?

d0a063cc5e8a2b56afa1b772e18b6696.jpg

These days they have a lot of activities for the kids in town and our houses are so spread out the little ones can't walk that far. So much the better. In years past we had damage done to our fence and our mail box was sprayed with paint. After several homes got hit they put a very early curfew in place.

Our beagle Buddy would have one freaked-out moment after another besides I ride around the hood lookiing at all the decorated houses, the costumes and the entertainment provided at our town Gazebo....luv it! 👻🎃

We've lived on our acreage for 20 years and have never had a trick or treater in all that time. Still, my husband has to make sure he has that one bag of candy ready. "just in case" :).

I kind of miss handing out candy on Halloween. When my daughter was little I used to have a blast carving pumpkins, getting a costume for her, handing out the candy, going with her on her trick or treating. The whole Halloween thing. It just isn't the same anymore.

I live on a few acres outside of town and the area has quite a few houses around us but so many of the neighbors are rumored to be involved with drugs. I have several nieces and nephews and their spouses and kids living on the property. Instead of going to some of the houses around us, they pack up everyone and either go to one of the malls or shopping centers that have Halloween in the shops or they go to a gated community one of my friends live in and go around with my friend and her grandkids. The parents enjoy the outing and the kids have a blast. And they are pretty safe, especially since there's over a dozen of them all together.

The kids in my city don't say "trick or treat".

They call out "Halloween treats please".

It's a tradition here.

People from other cities have commented on it.

They are not allowed into the apartment building.

If there are kids that live in the apartment I bring the treats to them.

My neighborhood is not conducive to trick or treating. Large lots, no sidewalks and about 100 feet from the street to the front door. I've never had more than a few kids show up and for the last two years there have been none. I've always bought a bag of candy and always end up having to eat most or all of it myself because I can't stand to waste food. Even junk food. But I've been diagnosed pre-diabetic plus I'm working on getting my weight down. So I don't need that crap. I have a change purse full of quarters and if any kids do show up, I'll just hand them out instead.

we had our saturday night.....i always have a tub of old fashioned sweets ready......but no one knocked, so i gave the tub to the youngsters next door !!

Back