Are You Tired of Any TV Commercials?

Ruthanne

SF VIP
I watch tv all day--I know, I've got to do some other stuff one of these days but the energy is not there yet.

Anyhow, I see commercials all day and am so tired of most of the commercials. The ones I'm especially sick of:

Roundup and all the Law firms Who Want to Sue

Colonial Penn

All the Progressive Insurance commercials

And all of the Medicare Supplement Insurance commercials!

Over and over again drives me crazy!

How about you?

Last edited:
Had to take a trip to NM with my sister recently. Stayed overnight in a motel in TX. First time in years I've watched any TV. Discovered that I'm not missing anything. (n) Can not figure how anyone could stand such drivel. Think I'll stick to my old black and white movies from the 30's-40's.

Had to take a trip to NM with my sister recently. Stayed overnight in a motel in TX. First time in years I've watched any TV. Discovered that I'm not missing anything. (n) Can not figure how anyone could stand such drivel. Think I'll stick to my old black and white movies from the 30's-40's.
Good idea. I am trying to watch more movies.

I especially hate all the ones that last 5+ minutes; all the Medicare supplement insurance ads; the ones that repeat their phone numbers a zillion times at the end, and the ones who yak the disclaimer at the end at 200 MPH. We have a local car dealer whose girlfriend does it (radio ad) and I just get the impression that she thinks she's cute because of it.

There is no way I would ever patronize ANY of these businesses. Don't they even know that?

Do you ever just mute the volume @Ruthanne?...thats what I do and go do a small chore in or outside the house or I pause the show, viewing it again shortly...I've timed those suckers at between 3-6 minutes each, geez...
Now the Xmas ads are all on...and when I dont mute, the Progressive, Allstate, Geico, Charmin bears, Medicare and Burger King (with the new veggie burger) ones are nerve racking, ugh....

Do you ever just mute the volume @Ruthanne?...thats what I do and go do a small chore in or outside the house or I pause the show, viewing it again shortly...I've timed those suckers at between 3-6 minutes each, geez...
Now the Xmas ads are all on...and when I dont mute, the Progressive, Allstate, Geico, Charmin bears, Medicare and Burger King (with the new veggie burger) ones are nerve racking, ugh....
Yes, muting is a good idea and sometimes I get up to use the potty! They are long, yes, and I could get a chore done, too. Good idea!

How about the volume going up 10x louder to really get your attention :eek::eek:

And I have to agree that this might even be more annoying than the actually commercials. Commercial volume. It’s late and your husbands gone to bed so you turn the tv down only to discover the commercials are 5 times as loud as the program so you literally have to dial the volume up & down all the way through it.

And I have to agree that this might even be more annoying than the actually commercials. Commercial volume. It’s late and your husbands gone to bed so you turn the tv down only to discover the commercials are 5 times as loud as the program so you literally have to dial the volume up & down all the way through it.
I have a neighbor whose wall connects to mine and I get scared of waking her when the volume increases like that. They are going to give me a heart attack one of these days!o_O🤪😩

TV is becoming a wasteland with many shows/channels having almost as much commercial "time" as the actual show. I take note of these companies that advertise so heavily....knowing that the money they are paying for these commercials is added to the cost of their products.

The prescription drug commercials are the worst....if our government ever gets serious about lowering the cost of drugs, stopping these stupid commercials would save billions for the people that have to use drugs. The ONLY two nations that allow this propaganda to be broadcasted are the U.S. and New Zealand....virtually all other nations have banned these ads.

Last edited:

Back