ATTN: Moderators - Earth Science & the Environment - Forum Topic Request

Em in Ohio

Hi - One of my interests is 'Earth science and the Environment.' There are others here who seem to have the same interests, but related searches find posts in many different forums. Is it possible to add such a forum that, hopefully, folks would use?

Em in Ohio

Original Poster
Thanks, we can give it a try. Can you find some threads that can be moved into it?
Thanks! I will gladly offer to list relevant threads - I should have saved this morning's searches... but no problem, I can do it later today. My frig is dying, my groceries arrived, I have to organize all the stuff for easy removal before the repair person comes - so, I'm a bit distracted today, but should be able to put a list of thread links together for you. Much appreciated! ~Em

Em in Ohio

Original Poster
Thanks, we can give it a try. Can you find some threads that can be moved into it?
NEW FORUM: SCIENCE (coming soon)

To All Who Post on Science Topics or have an Interest - This is a rough idea of the types of threads that I am seeking. This came about as I searched for a proper forum to post new information about our moon. I found lots of science-related posts, many very old, but all scattered into various forums. SO - I hope to gather some of the old posts which Matrix graciously agreed to move and I hope to see many new posts in science topics that members find of interest! Feedback Welcome! It's a fascinating world!

Thread topic samples:
EXPLORATIONS/DISCOVERIES
ENVIRONMENTAL INTERVENTIONS/THREATS
INVENTIONS/NEW TECHNOLOGIES

Post topic samples:
Astronomy - HUBBLE, SPACE JUNK. PLANETS, MOON, STARS, SUN, OZONE LAYER, SPACE STATION, ROCKETS, SHUTTLES, ETC.
Biology - BIODIVERSITY,EVOLUTION,EXTINCTION,GENETICS, CROSS BREEDING, INBREEDING, MUTATIONS, ETC.
Botany - AGRICULTURE,PLANTS,POLLINATORS, HYBRIDIZATION, ETC.
Chemistry - KITCHEN CHEMISTRY, EXPERIMENTS, ETC.
Climate - CLIMATE CHANGE,FLOODS,DROUGHTS,GLACIERS,HURRICANES,TORNADOES,TSUNAMIS,WEATHER
Communications - 5G, EMP's, ETC.
Deforestation - AMAZON RAIN FOREST,FOREST FIRES, INDUSTRIAL LOGGING, ETC.
Energy - COAL, GAS, GREEN ENERGY, OIL, ELECTRIC, HYDROELECTRIC, NUCLEAR, SOLAR, WIND, ETC.
Geology - EARTHQUAKES, FRACKING, MINING, PLATE TECTONICS, ROCKS, VOLCANOES, ETC.
Pollution - ACID RAIN, AIR, WATER,LANDFILLS,HAZARDOUS WASTE, RECYCLING EFFORTS, NUCLEAR WASTE, ETC.
Water - OCEANOGRAPHY, CORAL REEFS, WATERSHEDS, WETLANDS, ETC.

Em in Ohio

Original Poster
Thanks, @Em in Ohio, you really gave it some serious thought, so I went ahead and created it, let me know if you want to make changes.
I'll private message you with links that could fit. It is entirely up to you on whether you want to move them. I am really hoping that people will use this forum and use definitive titles!
Much appreciated - and now, I know where I can post my moon topic! Thanks!

RadishRose

SF VIP