Aunt Pam is homesick, again.

My sweet Gibby (Gilbert). Trip to Europe several years ago. Hope he gets to return to see the Eiffel Tower.

gtgt.jpg

The girl on the right was my niece's foreign student. She lived with them for a school year. Why on earth she'd pick that little town to attend school ~ I'll never know. She is from France. She was their tour guide when they went to Europe. I got to meet her a couple of times.

Last edited:
I had a text from a niece with a picture of Gibby celebrating his birthday (a week early) because he will be leaving to the university this coming week. I had not even thought it was that time! When I saw his birthday photo ... I knew right away that he was happy and anxious to get to the next chapter of his life.

His grandma and aunt aren't all that happy to see him leave though. My sister (the grandma) was already teary early tonight. His aunt (Selina) is in tears; she has been very instrumental in the boys lives. Oh, why do they have to grow so fast?

I totally forgot to send him some money and don't even know where to send it to. I'm sure he'll tell me if I text him later today.

I love you, Gilbert (Gibby) with all of my heart. :love:

Thanks for sharing all this with us!
We are all rooting for your guys! and for YOU!
Thank you, @Gaer . I need a shoulder; am finally crying. I feel so guilty that I moved away and never saw him actually grow up. I missed so much. This guilt is so painful. I just recorded a message for him; and my voice was trembly. But, I said what I wanted to say... that we are very proud of him. And that we LOVE him.

I think I am moving to Arlington, Texas where I can watch over him. lol

Ahhhhhh, I already miss him; who knows when I'll see him again. He's going to be one busy guy; playing baseball for the university and attending classes.

His younger brother is now a senior in high school and is already involved in school activities. There was a real cute video of the seniors in Facebook.

It's been a rough day. My g-nephew is indeed anxious and scared about going to college and being so far away from everyone. Those who pray, please pray for him.

I texted his mother to see if he needed anything and she said, "he's good". He's in a dorm, for crying out loud; he needs an electric frying pan and a toaster oven, perhaps... I know he loves grilled cheese sandwiches. They bought him a fridge and a microwave and other things today.

Exciting news! His mother has been made 'temporary' head coach of the high school baseball (boys) team. I hope it is a permanent change; she's been wanting this for years.

I had a text from a niece with a picture of Gibby celebrating his birthday (a week early) because he will be leaving to the university this coming week. I had not even thought it was that time! When I saw his birthday photo ... I knew right away that he was happy and anxious to get to the next chapter of his life.

His grandma and aunt aren't all that happy to see him leave though. My sister (the grandma) was already teary early tonight. His aunt (Selina) is in tears; she has been very instrumental in the boys lives. Oh, why do they have to grow so fast?

I totally forgot to send him some money and don't even know where to send it to. I'm sure he'll tell me if I text him later today.

I love you, Gilbert (Gibby) with all of my heart. :love:
Well, as long as you are sending out money ๐Ÿ˜‰, did you want my address? ๐Ÿ˜‚

Well, his parents left Arlington yesterday evening; it's a long drive back to Uvalde, Texas. I don't want to know if he cried. He's still a baby.... (18 yrs. old). :ROFLMAO:

LOL @Aneeda72 , this aunt isn't made of money. But I will do what I can for him and his brother. I've been looking in Amazon for stuff for a dorm. :ROFLMAO:๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜†
I am always teasing people on the forum about sending me money. I have no money, well 800 a month, but husband does. But like most people we are in good shape for the income level we are at. With the sale of the money pit house, we are much better off.

I even think we could afford the apartment if he could no longer work. It would be tight but doable. I have money in savings again as well which is such a relief. A little egg nest is better than no egg nest.

Then again, I am still happy to take any spare change lying around ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

I am always teasing people on the forum about sending me money. I have no money, well 800 a month, but husband does. But like most people we are in good shape for the income level we are at. With the sale of the money pit house, we are much better off.

I even think we could afford the apartment if he could no longer work. It would be tight but doable. I have money in savings again as well which is such a relief. A little egg nest is better than no egg nest.

Then again, I am still happy to take any spare change lying around ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
๐Ÿคช ๐Ÿคช ๐Ÿคช

Back