Badgered by “change your insurance” calls?

Fyrefox

Token fox furry
Like many here, I have a medicare supplemental insurance policy, and am satisfied with it. During the “enrollment period“ for Medicare supplemental insurance, however, I’m getting numerous unsolicited calls and mail from agents of other policies hellbent on getting me to change my supplemental insurance. The unwanted calls from across the country begin by mid-morning, and can continue well into evening hours. I’m on “do not call” lists and employ a call blocker, but the calls continue. I’ll be so glad when the “enrollment period” is over so that the intrusive calls cease. Has anyone had a similar experience? 😩

The calls are blocked and the mail doesn’t bother me but the constant barrage of television commercials filled with half truths make me crazy.

Does anyone really respond to cranky Martha and the rest of the hucksters?

1638440181762.jpeg
Imagine all the good that could be done with the money wasted during the annual Medicare enrollment window.

Yes, I forgot the dunning television commercials! They’ve given an afterlife to washed-up athletes and former minor television stars like Joe Namath (quite the hunk in the 1960’s) and J.J. Walker, the “Dy-na-mite” kid. Sad…even William Shatner’s gotten into the act, but is there anything he’s not into?! Money for such appearances must be good…📺 💲

December 8 can't get here fast enough. Joe Namath, J.J., and Captain Kirk need to stop talking. The mailman is probably looking forward to the date too.

What am I missing? ... why doesn't the advertising stop?
I ask the question, because the ads on TV go on for weeks after that date it seems..
And the snail mail continues from all the insurance companies too.

I've never gotten the calls, or least I don't think I have. I don't have a landline and my cell phone reads Scam Likely when those types of calls come in so I don't answer them. I hate the mailings because I have to shred all that stuff. Most of the forms have my name in more than one place.

seems like a bit of overkill and very misleading
I see that most of these places really want those who can duel qualify for BOTH medicare and medicaid. Must be a good payoff to these companies to shell out for constant ads and has been celebrities

We've also been bombarded with online gambling ads this year, since it became legal here. And, they've even replaced shows I planned on watching with 30 minute info-commercials. :mad:

I realized a few days ago that we see more commercials for medicare and gambling than we do for normal product commercials. :sneaky:

Last edited:
Interesting. Content with the same provider I've used last dozen years. My phone number must not be on call center listings but they do have my US mail address as receive many med provider mailings each winter that go directly into the trash.

When the phone rings I look at the caller ID. If I don't see the name of someone I want to talk to, I simply don't answer.

Most of what I watch on TV is recorded for my convenience. Fast forward handles the excessive commercials.

Back