Bear Cam

I have a lot of respect and a healthy fear of bears. We've gotten close to bears during our camping trips over the years, they are beautiful and mighty creatures to be sure. A woman in Colorado was recently killed by a bear who was with her two cubs. It was close to a highway, and the woman was just out on a walk with her dogs. The dogs returned home alone, hours later her boyfriend looked for her and found her. Last report was she died of a laceration to the neck, and the mother and one of the cubs had some of her remains in their system. The bears had to be euthanized.

I have a lot of respect and a healthy fear of bears. We've gotten close to bears during our camping trips over the years, they are beautiful and mighty creatures to be sure. A woman in Colorado was recently killed by a bear who was with her two cubs. It was close to a highway, and the woman was just out on a walk with her dogs. The dogs returned home alone, hours later her boyfriend looked for her and found her. Last report was she died of a laceration to the neck, and the mother and one of the cubs had some of her remains in their system. The bears had to be euthanized.
I bet you've seen a lot of things on your trips, S.B.

Too bad the bears were euthanized. I don't think they were out hunting humans, but a mother with cubs...... a tragedy all around I guess. Poor woman.

I bet you've seen a lot of things on your trips, S.B.

Too bad the bears were euthanized. I don't think they were out hunting humans, but a mother with cubs...... a tragedy all around I guess. Poor woman.
I have Rose, good memories, some a bit unnerving. :) They always euthanize any animals that attack people. I don't think they were out hunting humans, but they are constantly looking for food, especially in the spring after winter hibernation. The cubs just made the mother more protective and defensive. I think the woman or her dogs startled the bear and there was no notice for the bear to leave. I try to make some noises when walking through the woods or on trails, my dog always wears a bell on his collar to give some warning to any wildlife that may be in the immediate area. From what I understand, they will try to avoid humans and will retreat if given enough warning that someone is coming.

Back