Beards,Goaty,Stubble?

kburra

Watch any TV Program,News,Series,Movies.or just walking down the street,it seems every second male on the planet wears a beard of some sort,is it just a male thing or do you ladies like them? Not that I would know but surely kissing someone whose face is all stubble must very uncomfortable. Gentlemen if you have a beard this is not personal just a question in general.

Well ... I would say that kissing someone with a mustache means sometimes the hairs go into your nose. Not romantic at all!

Also, you're right about the stubble. Aside from being annoying, it means your skin is being scraped at. Don't kiss very long, or the removal of skin can be painful!

<Obviously, I sported mostly stubble ...until I met Michelle last year. Now I mostly wear the mustache, kept thinned and groomed, and a small soul-patch goatee. Michelle hasn't ever complained about the facial hair, though. Sometimes I don't shave for awhile but she's never said it bothers her. And of course we kiss, but when I know my face is at the sandpaper stage I just give her smooches.

I had beards a couple times when I was younger and more foolish but I always trimmed my beard. These days it seems to me that young guys and older ones too just don't want to shave and the "bum" look is in. Some beards are alright but I dislike the ones that look like the south end of a horse's rear going north. Sorry, but there is no limit to some people's tastes.

You use to travel the world to see something new and different. Now, all men all over the world have the same beards. Copy cat world. I wonder if mass media forces them to comply or are men not sure of their masculinity and just trying desperately to fit in? Maybe some of them are trying to prove that they are not women or do not have feminine characteristics? That would be an interesting study! I guess you can tell I shave every morning and have a clean face. No peer pressure for this guy because I like to be different!

Agree @Packerjohn I personally disliked my image when it got beyond stubble. With 'Beetles' style haircut, full sideburns & mustach, I thought I kinda looked like 'Captain Kangaroo' when I started going grey. Eating ice cream was a hoot, also smoking with a 'stach yellowed after a few packs, a little disgusting.

Last edited:
I did image searches of older celebrities with beards. The partial grey/silver well trimmed beards made the men look distinguished. The full long grey/silver beards just made them look really old! So I went with the former. Just my opinion of course.

And for a man lacking hair on the top of the head, the well trimmed partial beard seems to help. And even a full well-trimmed beard can work well. But the full white beard on a balding old man really makes him look old. Again, my opinion but my wife agrees.

Last edited:
When I read "goaty", I had to laugh at remembering a scene from my late sister's first wedding.

The groom was 19 and trying valiantly to grow "muttonchops" and some sort of chin hair, as was popular at that time. He wasn't having abundant success.

His great-uncle, an outspoken country fellow, walked up to him at the reception and bellowed, "Mah Gawd, boy, yer face looks lak a goat's crotch!"

It brought down the house. We razzed him unmercifully about it. He did shave after that. I haven't seen him him in 47 years, but I hope he finally was able to get the facial hair he wanted.....

Tried a beard once. Liquid or food in it by accident really unpleasant. The upkeep [trim] more effort than I wanted to use to look good with a beard. My wife asked me to shave my head once I retired [didn't blame her, receding hairline & male pattern baldness ] not a good look. Day after retiring shaving face & head was a good thing, only problem is I have to apply aftershave long before going out. Don't want to smell like I bathe in Fahrenheit aftershave or Creed adventus.

Back