Being real, being a whole person

Nope, Don't agree with this at all.
Spiritual perception is always a step ahead of reason.
New, original thought today will likely be tomorrow's scientific knowledge.
Thought must be free and open enough to understand or accept all form
and phenomena, all mystical experiences, which has not AS YET been studied
or categorized by scientific understandings.
and, If you consider time on Earth is distorted, innovative theories could
very well already be fact and supporting evidence may not yet have been discovered.
That does not make it less true.

Nope, Don't agree with this at all.
Spiritual perception is always a step ahead of reason.
New, original thought today will likely be tomorrow's scientific knowledge.
Thought must be free and open enough to understand or accept all form
and phenomena, all mystical experiences, which has not AS YET been studied
or categorized by scientific understandings.
and, If you consider time on Earth is distorted, innovative theories could
very well already be fact and supporting evidence may not yet have been discovered.
That does not make it less true.
Interesting perspective, particularly that you qualify your perception as "spiritually". But Perception is personal, as is Faith, not in the same realm as "evidence" or "fact" which are observable and verifiable by other people. Example: I make a public statement that the sky is orange, and I insist that it is real. That may be my perception, and my opinion, but that does not make it real.

I am not going to change your mind.
You are not going to change my mind.
My opinion still stands that the quote you stated
is only a limited vision.
Because it's a quote does not mean it's correct.
Sorry Nathan, I can't argue this now. I have much to do.

I am not going to change your mind.
You are not going to change my mind.
My opinion still stands that the quote you stated
is only a limited vision.
Because it's a quote does not mean it's correct.
Sorry Nathan, I can't argue this now. I have much to do.
I'm not of a mind to waste my time arguing, my post is a simple, logical position. You are entitled to your opinion. 🙂

“You are completely entitled to opinions that are not supported by evidence, but the moment you spread that opinion as fact, you are a liar, and if you spread it as fact knowing that it’s not supported by evidence, you are both a liar and a fraud.’
I absolutely double-down and reiterate this statement. There is no defense for deliberately attempting to deceive others about reality. Doing so is called Gaslighting, and is the sign of a very pathological narcissistic mind.

Last edited:

14 Signs You’re a Genuine Person

What Is a Genuine Person?

Our days are important and it matters who you spend your time with. No one wants a fake person in their life. On the contrary, we want to be around people who are real, sincere, and truthful. Do you ever wonder whether you yourself are the real deal?

1. You admit when you’re wrong.

You are honest about your shortcomings. You don’t pretend to be perfect. You allow yourself to be vulnerable by admitting when you make mistakes and when you’re wrong. You seek to make amends rather than to be right or to know it all. You view your mistakes as a chance to become better. You accept who you are and take responsibility.

2. You tell the truth.

A genuine person concerns themselves with the truth more than hurting other people’s feelings.

It doesn’t mean you go around voicing negative opinion though. Rather it means that when in a situation where the truth should be told, you do it. You don’t sugarcoat because you’re worried about the other person’s feelings and you don’t make up lies to try and save someone else’s feelings. You give the other person credit that they can handle the truth, and that’s what you speak.

3. You’re not an attention-seeker.

You just are who you are. You don’t feel the need to draw attention to yourself and you don’t do things simply for the sake of attention. You do things because you are you and because

4. You are not judgmental.

You let others be who they are. You don’t have an agenda and you don’t try to change them. You know the importance of being authentic and you understand that everyone is on their own unique journey in life.

5. You don’t care about whether you’re liked.

The key to this one is that you like yourself and because you like yourself – you genuinely like yourself – it doesn’t matter to you whether others like you or not. You put your best self forward and that’s that.

6. You have a solid self-esteem.

You are not overly modest but you’re not boastful either. You are confident in who you are. You are not really worried about impressing others because you are solid in your self-esteem. You don’t need to brag. You also don’t talk down about yourself either. You are straightforward about who you are and this contributes to your authenticity.

7. Your words and actions are consistent.

You are solid in your ways – what you say is what you do and what you do is what you say. Likewise, you don’t sugarcoat and you don’t exaggerate. You simply tell it like it is.

8. You are not easily threatened.

You know your values and beliefs and because you are so sure of them, you don’t get threatened when other people try to attack you.

9. You are driven by your inner voice.

You make decisions and move through life based on your inner voice and not based on the expectations of others. You don’t care about what is considered “cool” or “trendy” unless of course, it’s something you genuinely like. You stand behind your values and beliefs and are guided by them.

10. You are thick-skinned.

You don’t take yourself so seriously that you become offended easily. You let criticism roll off your back, unless of course, you can use it to improve yourself.

11. You allow yourself to be vulnerable.

Today’s world is rough and it can be hard to allow your weaknesses to be exposed. You, however are okay with exposing your imperfections and you definitely allow yourself to be vulnerable. You realize that opening yourself up to your fears helps you to learn and grow into your best self.

12. You listen.

When you are in a conversation with someone, you are present and you listen. You focus on what they are communicating to you.

13. You give and receive compliments sincerely.

When someone has low self-esteem, it is hard for them to give and receive compliments. You on the other hand know that you can create genuine connection through the exchange of sincere compliments. When someone compliments you, you thank them. Likewise, you don’t hold back to let someone else know what you appreciate about them.

14. You don’t purchase lots of stuff.

Your possessions don’t define who you are. You are not motivated to purchase things to create happiness or self-worth. You value relationships, creativity and stress-free living.

"Moral certainty is always a sign of cultural inferiority. The more uncivilized the man, the surer he is that he knows precisely what is right and what is wrong. All human progress, even in morals, has been the work of men who have doubted the current moral values, not of men who have whooped them up and tried to enforce them. The only civilized man is always skeptical and tolerant...His culture is based on 'I am not sure.'" ~~H. L. Mencken

To become a real person, to discover our authentic selves, we must stop hiding behind the masks we all wear to make us more acceptable to others. We may hide our true selves behind all kinds of masks - i.e. the strong or hard man, the good mother or housekeeper, the joker, the rational thinker, the carer... you get the drift.

Even as children we are encouraged by praise to be what we are not and a lot of this depends on our order of birth and on our siblings. For example, when the first child is seen to be very clever, the next one may seek identity in sporting prowess. In doing this other authentic characteristics are neglected. The result is that we hide something about ourselves that we do not reveal until we are ready to come out from behind the mask that we hide behind.

A bit waffly but I'm in a bit of a hurry. I hope I have made some sense to a few people.

This might help

5 Masks We Wear and Why We Should Take Them Off | HuffPost Life

And this

BE AN AUTHENTIC HUMAN​

There will come a point in life, when we are sick and completely exhausted of all the masks we're juggling. For some it's when death is approaching, and at this time you realize the futility of the masks.

During illnesses our minds can be so tired that it no longer has the energy to create and hold up the masks, so we finally appear in our true being, and others often say, "You look peaceful." Does this peace have anything to do with freedom?

Innocence is not a weakness, it's a great strength. Masks are a sign of weakness. When you stay true to innocence you align with life's stream and therefore will be privy to an influx of well-being and love.

Masks are harming you, by creating resistance to life's natural movement.

Most of us can tell when we're in the presence of an authentic human being, one who isn't "putting on a show," they are just true to their humanness. This comfort is felt because in their presence we can sense our own authenticity and we sense the deep peace this authenticity brings.

I don't think there is any "right" way to become a "complete", "authentic", "genuine", "whole" person. We never get there. If you believe/think/feel you have, you are finally dead. When alive we think and feel, and then we imagine stuff about ourselves, others, and the world...life. It varies with everyone, and I am not sure that these traits are to be sought after. What if we never feel complete? Oh NO! So that is different than the 99% of the life we have had.? What is wrong with not being sure of anything? That is the way it really is. Life is way to complex to make lists of what constitutes a "full" life.

14 Signs You’re a Genuine Person

What Is a Genuine Person?

Our days are important and it matters who you spend your time with. No one wants a fake person in their life. On the contrary, we want to be around people who are real, sincere, and truthful. Do you ever wonder whether you yourself are the real deal?

1. You admit when you’re wrong.

You are honest about your shortcomings. You don’t pretend to be perfect. You allow yourself to be vulnerable by admitting when you make mistakes and when you’re wrong. You seek to make amends rather than to be right or to know it all. You view your mistakes as a chance to become better. You accept who you are and take responsibility.

2. You tell the truth.

A genuine person concerns themselves with the truth more than hurting other people’s feelings.

It doesn’t mean you go around voicing negative opinion though. Rather it means that when in a situation where the truth should be told, you do it. You don’t sugarcoat because you’re worried about the other person’s feelings and you don’t make up lies to try and save someone else’s feelings. You give the other person credit that they can handle the truth, and that’s what you speak.

3. You’re not an attention-seeker.

You just are who you are. You don’t feel the need to draw attention to yourself and you don’t do things simply for the sake of attention. You do things because you are you and because

4. You are not judgmental.

You let others be who they are. You don’t have an agenda and you don’t try to change them. You know the importance of being authentic and you understand that everyone is on their own unique journey in life.

5. You don’t care about whether you’re liked.

The key to this one is that you like yourself and because you like yourself – you genuinely like yourself – it doesn’t matter to you whether others like you or not. You put your best self forward and that’s that.

6. You have a solid self-esteem.

You are not overly modest but you’re not boastful either. You are confident in who you are. You are not really worried about impressing others because you are solid in your self-esteem. You don’t need to brag. You also don’t talk down about yourself either. You are straightforward about who you are and this contributes to your authenticity.

7. Your words and actions are consistent.

You are solid in your ways – what you say is what you do and what you do is what you say. Likewise, you don’t sugarcoat and you don’t exaggerate. You simply tell it like it is.

8. You are not easily threatened.

You know your values and beliefs and because you are so sure of them, you don’t get threatened when other people try to attack you.

9. You are driven by your inner voice.

You make decisions and move through life based on your inner voice and not based on the expectations of others. You don’t care about what is considered “cool” or “trendy” unless of course, it’s something you genuinely like. You stand behind your values and beliefs and are guided by them.

10. You are thick-skinned.

You don’t take yourself so seriously that you become offended easily. You let criticism roll off your back, unless of course, you can use it to improve yourself.

11. You allow yourself to be vulnerable.

Today’s world is rough and it can be hard to allow your weaknesses to be exposed. You, however are okay with exposing your imperfections and you definitely allow yourself to be vulnerable. You realize that opening yourself up to your fears helps you to learn and grow into your best self.

12. You listen.

When you are in a conversation with someone, you are present and you listen. You focus on what they are communicating to you.

13. You give and receive compliments sincerely.

When someone has low self-esteem, it is hard for them to give and receive compliments. You on the other hand know that you can create genuine connection through the exchange of sincere compliments. When someone compliments you, you thank them. Likewise, you don’t hold back to let someone else know what you appreciate about them.

14. You don’t purchase lots of stuff.

Your possessions don’t define who you are. You are not motivated to purchase things to create happiness or self-worth. You value relationships, creativity and stress-free living.
But remember the old adage:. No one is perfect and also no one reaches perfection ever.

Interesting perspective, particularly that you qualify your perception as "spiritually". But Perception is personal, as is Faith, not in the same realm as "evidence" or "fact" which are observable and verifiable by other people. Example: I make a public statement that the sky is orange, and I insist that it is real. That may be my perception, and my opinion, but that does not make it real.
Trust in the 5 senses is a narrow path. So much exists that we can not see, touch, feel, taste or smell. The Age of Reason and the Scientific Method has limited mankind in profound ways. They shut the doors of perception.

51KANRK8PWL.jpg

Trust in the 5 senses is a narrow path. So much exists that we can not see, touch, feel, taste or smell. The Age of Reason and the Scientific Method has limited mankind in profound ways. They shut the doors of perception.
Actually the opposite is true, the scientific method has greatly aided our understanding of the things we can not see, touch, feel, taste or smell.

Back