Bill Buckner Drug Through The Coals In Memoriam Of His Passing

fmdog44

Bill Buckner was remembered all day today in the sports and non-sports media showing only the error made at first base vs. the Mets. Shame on the media grubbing for ratings.

Last edited:
I just read a brief note in paper about how the error cost his team th World Series, 1986 or something like that? Yes, too bad they have to dredge up the worst. Wierd breed, those sports writers.

The last time that I saw Bill Buckner's name on the sports page was an article a few years back and he was coaching a baseball team in Brockton, Mass. Don't recall if it was a youth team or semi-pro? Brockton's only about 20 miles south of Boston and I never knew (before the article) that he still lived in the area.

I remember watching that game and seeing that play. I knew at that moment that Buckner just wrote his legacy. Just like when Rose was caught gambling on baseball. Oh, then there is also, McGwire, Sosa and Bonds with juicing their bats.

I always wondered if “Shoeless” Joe Jackson was part of the 1919 World Series scandal.

Back