Biscuit advice needed

I made soup stock today using what was left of a roasted chicken. Does it make sense to use some of it to make chicken biscuits? I'm just going to use Bisquick. Do you think I can replace the milk in the recipe with chicken broth? All the milk it calls for, or just maybe half or something? And I think it'd be good to add some dry parsley and a little turmeric...what do you think?

Sounds interesting Murr. Why don't you try it and let us know how it comes out and if you like the taste. I found that Bisquick omits baking powder in their recipes and it is needed. Otherwise the biscuits don't rise enough (at least for me). I like puffy, not flat biscuits.

Have you made biscuits before so you'll know what the consistency should be before you cut or roll them?

Sounds interesting Murr. Why don't you try it and let us know how it comes out and if you like the taste. I found that Bisquick omits baking powder in their recipes and it is needed. Otherwise the biscuits don't rise enough (at least for me). I like puffy, not flat biscuits.
Me too, and I never thought of adding baking powder. Thank you.

Yeah, unless someone tells me it's a bad idea, I'm going to go ahead and make Bisquick + chicken broth biscuits. Just kinda hate to waste the ingredients if it doesn't work. But I think it should....I think. 😜

Me too, and I never thought of adding baking powder. Thank you.

Yeah, unless someone tells me it's a bad idea, I'm going to go ahead and make Bisquick + chicken broth biscuits. Just kinda hate to waste the ingredients if it doesn't work. But I think it should....I think. 😜
A liquid is a liquid. That's why I asked if you knew what consistency the dough should be. If you do, you can judge if the dough is too loose...actually you should be able to tell anyway I think. :unsure:

A liquid is a liquid. That's why I asked if you knew what consistency the dough should be. If you do, you can judge if the dough is too loose...actually you should be able to tell anyway I think. :unsure:
Oh sorry, yes, I make them fairly often. I'm specifically wondering whether or not the flavor will come through nicely, not too strong nor too bland.

I do not know the answer, however, I have replaced "milk" with any number of things in the past, that did come out delicious and fine.....
including biscuits, where I replaced the liquid half with mashed, cooked or canned
carrots or pumpkin or squash, or mashed banana.....soymilk or applesauce....

All came out well, but I have not happenned to use Bisquick. I always used simply flour and baking powder, and some sort of fat ( shortening or oil or margarine, or some combo of those)

Did you add the turmeric? That would never have been on my list. I have a huge jar and don’t know what to do with it. Is it a dominant flavour?

To make biscuits all you need is self rising flour, buttermilk and Wesson oil or Crisco oil. My mother made them this way and I did for years. However since its just me now I buy a bag of Pillsbury frozen grands and they are good too. Instead of using all purpose flour and having to add baking powder and salt, just buy self rising flour and you are good to go!

Did you add the turmeric? That would never have been on my list. I have a huge jar and don’t know what to do with it. Is it a dominant flavour?
I did. I use it on rice and chicken and in a butter sauce I use on steamed or roasted veggies. It tastes like it smells, and you don't need to use much. Best way I can describe the taste is "hearty".

To make biscuits all you need is self rising flour, buttermilk and Wesson oil or Crisco oil. My mother made them this way and I did for years. However since its just me now I buy a bag of Pillsbury frozen grands and they are good too. Instead of using all purpose flour and having to add baking powder and salt, just buy self rising flour and you are good to go!
Biscuits I can make. Believe me, when I was a single dad working for min wage, I ate a lot of biscuits so my kids could have the meat and potatoes. I just wanted to know how they'd turn out if I used Bisquick plus home made chicken broth instead of the milk or water or whatever.

I just wanted to know how they'd turn out if I used Bisquick plus home made chicken broth instead of the milk or water or whatever.
Did you try it? How'd they turn out?

It sounded good to me, and like it would turn out well.

We never get any simple answers on these threads, though. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Did you try it? How'd they turn out?

It sounded good to me, and like it would turn out well.

We never get any simple answers on these threads, though. :LOL::ROFLMAO:
I did.
It worked better with scratch biscuits than with Bisquick ones. I made the chicken broth with a skin-on carcass, so I guess it was sort of like adding fat (like lard or oil) to the recipe.
:p

Back