Bitter Orange Marmalade

I'm a big fan of marmalade on a muffin but these days I have to be content with this sugar free version from the folks at Smucker's

SugarFreeOrangeMarmLG.JPG

Marmalade is another of the treats I eat when traveling to the UK. Marmalades in the US are too sugary, and even sugar free is too sweet. I much prefer jams and jellies in general from Canada and the UK. More fruity and less sweet to my taste.
Thanks for this post, RT...feel the same way. Will look for Brit made preserves the next time I'm in a store that carries them. Have a "dualie" neighbor...she has dual citizenship from both UK and America. She's across the pond right now. Will ask her where to find it locally. Know she's always talking about getting her "Brit fix"...lol.

I do enjoy a good Seville orange marmalade. After reading gennie's post, I ordered a jar of Tiptree Tawny Orange through Amazon. It is very good, but I still prefer the Dundee Orange Marmalade from James Keiller & Son. It is just a little bit sweeter than the Tiptree, but for me the flavor of the Seville oranges is crisper. It's also available in our little local grocery store.

I do enjoy a good Seville orange marmalade. After reading gennie's post, I ordered a jar of Tiptree Tawny Orange through Amazon. It is very good, but I still prefer the Dundee Orange Marmalade from James Keiller & Son. It is just a little bit sweeter than the Tiptree, but for me the flavor of the Seville oranges is crisper. It's also available in our little local grocery store.

Thanks for reminder. I enjoy Keiller's Dundee as well. I'll have to give it another try. I once had a neighbor who made a similar marmalade from the little kumquats and calamondins he grew. Better than any commercially made. We lived in the Keys at the time.

Back