Bizarre story of the day...

Makes me so happy that I never joined Facebook.

Had enough problems on the old chat boards when they first started.

Hubby & I got to meet several of the posters from home talk or whatever its name was.

Was like we had fallen off the world,,never chatted with them again.

Guess as real people we didn't meet their imagined images of us? :eek:🙃

A motorist who found himself one penny short for his fuel has lashed out at Morrisons for threatening to take it further.
Huddersfield businessman Asif Tanvir says he pumped £10 of fuel at the firm's Waterloo store on Friday.
But when he got to the till with his £10 note he was told it was £10.01. The 53-year-old was less than impressed when the cashier refused to let him off the penny owed. He was shocked to be told he would be written up as a default payment meaning if he didn't return to pay the debt legal action could be taken against him.

He summoned a manager who also refused to write it off but said she would pay the penny for him on this occasion.
Nevertheless Mr Tanvir said he was furious at the Bradford based retailer's behaviour, which he said delayed him and other customer unnecessarily. "It's pathetic," he fumed. I said to the cashier, that you're holding me back, writing down my details over a penny. I asked for a manager and she read me the riot act and said they couldn't write it off but then said on this occasion I will pay it for you.

But Morrisons with all its millions in profit should have a few pennies available for this kind of situation. The way they handled it and didn't use their discretion was astounding. It was horrendous - Morrisons should hang their heads in shame.
https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news...rrisons-branded-pathetic-petty-after-20463521

For those unaware, Morrisons are the UK's 4th largest supermarket company. In the financial year 2019/20 ending on February 2, 2020, Morrisons generated a turnover of 17.5 billion pounds. (That's almost US $24Billion.)

Misa has worked at Dollar General for about 2 weeks. It is a complete mess. She says that they are DRIVEN by profit down to the penny. They are selling stuff that is mainly imported, and the cheapest stuff you can get. The customers are bewildered when it comes time to pay. The cash register is invisible to the customer, and the price is run through the BIG computer first ( which takes forever...as customers form a long line ), and they never have their say in the transaction. She says it is NUTS!

"It's pathetic," he fumed. I said to the cashier, that you're holding me back, writing down my details over a penny. I asked for a manager and she read me the riot act and said they couldn't write it off but then said on this occasion I will pay it for you.
Maybe the manager will have time to read other things when she‘s out of work. Neither the manager nor the cashier had an ounce of common sense.

Back