Boredom

oldpop

I am suffering from boredom. lol So I guess I will post something. Anyone else up watching the storms progress? I am because I am right in its path. I am not freaking out or anything. I am mostly interested in the flooding it may cause. The swamp is about two hundred yards from my abode. Got a lot of flooding during Florence.

The water is flowing across my road from left to right in the image. The road is about a mile long I live at the end of it

over wash 9-16-18.jpg

Hello, Old Pop

Pleased to make your acquaintance; I’m Old Dame … lol

I’m awed by your calm composure, considering the threatening flood conditions you currently face; yet more than likely you’re a realist, a practical person, accepting of Mother Nature in all respects in terms of her fury and glory.

I hope that you, and yours, and your beloved home stay safe and free from harm.

I am suffering from boredom. lol So I guess I will post something. Anyone else up watching the storms progress? I am because I am right in its path. I am not freaking out or anything. I am mostly interested in the flooding it may cause. The swamp is about two hundred yards from my abode. Got a lot of flooding during Florence.

The water is flowing across my road from left to right in the image. The road is about a mile long I live at the end of it

View attachment 242171
I am Little River, SC. Are you near Lumberton by chance. Ian seems to have fizzled out - or at least it has not been as bad as The Weather Channel had hoped for. So far a lot less rain and not as windy. I want a legitimate forecast but not the over-hype common with today's weather guys.

You're right. Waiting for one is boring. Neighbor compared it to being stalked by a turtle. Ian passed here as a Cat. 1. Winds not bad but way too much water - somewhere between 12 and 15 inches of rain and the ground was already saturated from recent rains . Be safe.

Back