Bragging vs Craving attention vs Sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.

applecruncher

SF VIP
Bragging
Repeatedly going on and on about expensive material possessions - house(s), car(s), jewelry, vacations, clothes, etc. :sick:
Talking a lot about things you do/have which the average person can't afford OR has the good taste not to blather about it ad nauseam. :rolleyes:

Craving attention
Repeatedly telling others about compliments you get: :sick:
"People say I have pretty hair, look young for my age, that I'm in good shape, that I know a lot about (whatever)"

Sharing - (nothing wrong with this)
"My handsome nephew - an architect - gave his girlfriend an engagement ring last week."
"My granddaughter graduated from college yesterday."
"I bought a new car/truck, computer, mattress."
"My niece and her dog will be in the Westminster dog show." (I'm lookin' at you @Mrs. Robinson ... :love: )

Last edited:
Bragging
Repeatedly going on and on about expensive material possessions - house(s), car(s), jewelry, vacations, clothes, etc. :sick:
Talking a lot about things you do/have which the average person can't afford OR has the good taste not to blather about it ad nauseam. :rolleyes:

Craving attention
"People say I have pretty hair, look young for my age, that I'm in good shape, that I know a lot about (whatever)"

Sharing - (nothing wrong with this)
"My handsome nephew - an architect - gave his girlfriend an engagement ring last week."
"My granddaughter graduated from college yesterday."
"I bought a new car/truck, computer, mattress."
"My niece and her dog will be in the Westminster dog show." (I'm lookin' at you @Mrs. Robinson ... :love: )
I think it's possible for anyone to do those 3 depending on the circumstance.

Bragging
It's just typical of the newly wealthy

They have yet to develop any kind of understated class

aaaaand, they generally have few friends

For some people, it's just living their lives. After working 40, 50, 60 years and handling your money responsibly, you should have some assets. After sacrificing for your children and parents through the years, it's time to enjoy the fruits of your labor.
The retirees who we've been friends with all these years are all doing pretty well. Assuming THAT is the average isn't bragging, it's life.

Some of us are thrilled we still have hair, much less pretty hair. There's nothing wrong with looking good for your age or being able to be active. Often it has more to do with lifestyle choices like eating healthy foods, exercising, and being informed about how to stay healthy or improve health, rather than sitting around stuffing your face with the S.A.D. Standard American Diet and passively popping all those pills the doctor gives you.
Dr. William Davis says, "It's never too late to improve your health". He has helped millions of people get healthier with his Wheat Belly diet.

As far as knowing a lot about (whatever), there is a lot of lifetime accumulated knowledge in the members of this board. When people have the generosity to share things that they know about, it adds to the richness of our lives. Who do you want to listen to, if not the wise elders of the society?

Sorry, but I don't see anyone here bragging or craving attention. Could just be a difference in perspective.

Last edited:
For some people, it's just living their lives. After working 40, 50, 60 years and handling your money responsibly, you should have some assets. After sacrificing for your children and parents through the years, it's time to enjoy the fruits of your labor.
The retirees who we've been friends with all these years are all doing pretty well. Assuming THAT is the average isn't bragging, it's life.

Some of us are thrilled we still have hair, much less pretty hair. There's nothing wrong with looking good for your age or being able to be active. Often it has more to do with lifestyle choices like eating healthy foods, exercising, and being informed about how to stay healthy or improve health, rather than sitting around stuffing your face with the S.A.D. Standard American Diet and passively popping all those pills the doctor gives you.
Dr. William Davis says, "It's never too late to improve your health". He has helped millions of people get healthier with his Wheat Belly diet.

As far as knowing a lot about (whatever), there is a lot of lifetime accumulated knowledge in the members of this board. When people have the generosity to share things that they know about, it adds to the richness of our lives. Who do you want to listen to, if not the wise elders of the society?
If all you can see are green eyed monsters, nobody is forcing you to be here.
Wow, that's deep. Ponderous.
Thanks for sharing. 🤪🥴

My ignore list has a few bad braggarts in it. I'm cool with folks who let us know about a few things they've bought, made, etc., every now and then, but I can't stand folks who regularly post about this great thing they recently bought, or that someone gave them, and this amazing family member, and that amazing vacation and on and on and.........

One person even misrepresented, as brand new, a certain thing he/she was given, and I only found out that thing was several years old when an expert on that certain thing PM'd me with the truth behind the misrepresentation.

Hey, whatever floats your boat, I guess, since I know that some of the folks in my ignore file have their good buddies in here who ooh and ah at every post they put up. Good for them .......

I hope you are not insinuating anyone here is bragging. Our members are generous to share their life experience, the more the merrier, that's what this forum is all about. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back