Bread- Smaller portions.

Camper6

I bought this package of Bread and Roll mix at Walmart. It was only 1.75 and can make four loaves of bread.

Or you can downsize the number to two loaves of bread or make rolls.

It's a simple recipe. You just add water per the instructions and it comes with the yeast packages included.

You do have to knead it. I did it by hand. Turned out really nice and that's a mini loaf in the picture with grilled cheese sandwiches.

It sure smells nice.

bread.jpg

Wow! I like that!
Right now, I'm getting into baking original sourdough from scratch! It takes a couple days with mixing,proofing, rising, baking; but it's worth it!
But, if you don't have the time, this bread mix sounds great!
Nothing quite like the smell of home baked bread!

I'd buy it just for the smell. I saw a Cajun woman make grilled cheese sandwiches. Butter the 2 breads on one side and throw a hot grill to brown and remove. Grab a handful of shredded cheese and throw it on the grill to melt. When melted scoop it up and place on the bread. Cut the sandwich in half diagonally. Place the halves back on the grill touching all three edges to brown them. Done.

I add fried onions to the sandwich with the cheese. I butter one side first and then face down in the pan and then butter the face side up while it's in the pan. Easier to handle and less messy. I like them almost burned.

I bought this package of Bread and Roll mix at Walmart. It was only 1.75 and can make four loaves of bread.

Or you can downsize the number to two loaves of bread or make rolls.

It's a simple recipe. You just add water per the instructions and it comes with the yeast packages included.

You do have to knead it. I did it by hand. Turned out really nice and that's a mini loaf in the picture with grilled cheese sandwiches.

It sure smells nice.

View attachment 126757
I hope I can find this next time I'm at Walmart. Hubby would love it.

One of the problems of living alone is food waste. It's hard to find small loaves of bread. I recently bought a bread maker which makes a small loaf...just the right size for me.

One of the problems of living alone is food waste. It's hard to find small loaves of bread. I recently bought a bread maker which makes a small loaf...just the right size for me.
Yes. I find even cans of soup are too big. I try to eliminate leftovers as much as possible. I wish I could buy halves instead of full like cantaloupe and cabbage and lettuce.

Back