Breaking News: Multiple people are injured and 'several dead' Buffalo USA

hollydolly

SF VIP
Multiple people were injured and several are reported dead after a gunman opened fire inside a Buffalo supermarket on Saturday.

At least nine people have been shot, including multiple people who were pronounced dead on the scene at the Tops supermarket at 1275 Jefferson Avenue, BNO News reported.

The suspect, filmed wearing a military uniform, has been taken into custody by the Buffalo Police Department.

The video of the arrest shows police cuffing the suspect and trying to get people away from the scene as several bodies lie motionless on the floor.

'A shooter, it's a mass shooter type s***,' one of the onlookers says as police and emergency responders detain the man in the military uniform.

'Damn, look at him, a young boy,' the onlooker adds as he comments on one of the bodies.

Police then instruct the onlookers to back up as the take control of the situation.

57815373-10816777-image-a-47_1652557473292.jpg

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...d-dead-mass-shooting-Buffalo-supermarket.html

Early reports have a 'manifesto'. Something about shooting 'replacers'. Apparently wrote that when he was 18.

https://heavy.com/news/tops-market-shooting-suspect-graphic-video/

NOTE: All sorts of GRAPHIC warnings throughout article.

Soft target with victims not involved in the killer's 'war' means the perpetrator is a dysfunctional coward.

According to the NRA, the more people armed the safer we should be. That premise is based on good guys with guns being around to shoot a perpetrator as quickly as possible reducing the number of victims. However, this guy shot 4 (3 died) in the parking lot but there were no good guys to take him out. In the supermarket, the security guy, a retired cop tried to shoot him. That didn't work because the body armor protected the shooter. Unfortunately, future copycat mass shooters may use body armor because they now know it will help for getting a high death count.

Last edited:
Before I do that, I'd like to see the environment & people who raised this piece of crap.
The DM says both of his parents worked for NY state as engineers. Wonder if one of them lost a promotion or assignment based on race. Doesn't mean squat or justify their son's killings though.

He planned and prepared. Can't believe there wasn't a red flag somewhere. And he waited until the weekend?

Condolences to the families of the dead and injured. The MSM has labeled this a racist crime and it may well be but the perpetrator had to be mentally ill to commit this abhorrent act. Brace yourself for the aftermath it may get ugly or not. No sane person would condone this act of violence against innocent people. I hope everyone see's this for what it is. The act of a deranged mind. Hate of any kind will eat you from the inside out. God bless the souls of the stricken. JMO

Last edited:
It was a racially motivated crime. It is reported he drove 200 miles to commit this heinous act. It is also reported that his social media page shows that he commended Dylann Roof, the boy who was welcomed into a Black church, worshipped with then killed ninel of its members. The neighborhood is predominantly Black. He must've done his homework but I wonder why he chose that particular area since I'm sure there are many other predominantly Black neighborhoods in N.Y. (and N.J.).

HD...it sometimes seems to be that you get our (U.S.) news before we do and you are across the water! Amazing!

A teenage white supremacist who murdered 10 people at a Buffalo, NY threatened to shoot a classmate at his high school graduation last year.

Officials at the Susquehanna Valley High School brought in New York State Police to investigate Payton Gendron, 18, of Conklin, NY, in June of 2021 after he made statements that he would shoot fellow students.

A year later he ended up shooting 13 people - 10 of them fatally - during an attack motivated by his hatred for black people at a Top Market supermarket in Buffalo. The two victims so-far named are retired cop turned store security guard Aaron Salter and shopper Ruth Whitfield, an 86 year-old grandmother.

'A school official reported that this very troubled young man had made statements indicating that he wanted to do a shooting, either at a graduation ceremony, or sometime after,' a government source told the Buffalo News.

After police looked into the account, Gendron was referred for mental health evaluation and counseling.

Classmates said that he often acted strangely at times and espoused extremist views on politics.

Last year, one former student recalled, Gendron wore a hazmat suit to school for a week. She believed it had something to do with protecting himself from the coronavirus, but she didn't rule out the fact that he was making a joke.

'It was the most extra thing that I ever saw him do,' a former classmate who asked not to be named said.

There were other indications of Gendron's fragile mental state.

During a class exercise in political class in which the students created their own countries with the government of their choice, Gendron's pick was an autocratic regime that the classmate described as 'Hitler-esque.'

‘His views were extreme,’ the student said. ‘You could pick any form of government that you wanted and he picked a totalitarian government.’

57822513-10816777-image-a-4_1652576239384.jpg

Payton traveled from his home in Conklin, New York, to carry out the atrocity. He lived there with his father Paul (pictured unpixellated) and mom Pamela, pictured in red, both of whom are engineers for the New York Department of Transportation

57826361-10817615-image-a-5_1652592015456.jpg

In photos posted by his mother on Facebook, Payton Gendron appears to tower over his father and others.

'He was 6'1" or 6'2"' his schoolmate said. 'He was a big guy.'

The family appears to be a tight-knit suburban family that played LaserTag together, when to Autumn festivals, the beach and dined together in restaurants.

Neighbors said they were odd.

‘To be honest, the mother was kind of snooty,’ a local parent who asked not to be named said. ‘Like she was better than everyone else. The father was strange. Like when you meet someone and they just seem off.’

OMG..his first victim was a Retired Cop...

57823381-0-image-a-20_1652578626052.jpg

Retired Buffalo Police Department cop Aaron Salter, pictured right, has been named as the first victim of the tragedy. He was working as a store security guard and shot Gendron, who returned fire and killed Salter
:(

another victim was the 86 year old mother of the fire commisioner

57824877-10816777-image-m-3_1652584460650.jpg

So sad and makes me afraid to even leave my apartment. Someone could shoot you walking down the street.

Conklin is in the Binghamton area, where I have lived almost my whole life in the past. I wonder what made him go to a different area to do this.

I believe it is Sue who lives in Buffalo and she shops at a Tops. I was praying it was not her Tops as soon as I heard of this.

It's a way of life for violent criminals all over the globe.
Quite so:
The Hungerford massacre was a spree shooting in Hungerford, England, when, on 19 August 1987, 27-year-old Michael Ryan shot dead sixteen people, including an unarmed police officer and his own mother, before shooting himself.
Wash, rinse and repeat:
The Dunblane massacre took place at Dunblane Primary School near Stirling, Scotland, on 13 March 1996, when Thomas Hamilton shot dead sixteen pupils and one teacher, and injured fifteen others, before killing himself. It remains the deadliest mass shooting in British history.

Back