Brother admitted into the hospital and health update

Mr. Ed

Life does not deserve my gratitude.
I spoke to Dwayne (youngest brother) 2 days ago, said he had stye in his eye. Randall, second sibling called me today that Dwayne was in the hospital for an aggravated case of PinkEye. Last I heard, they were going to do a cat scan to check for additional complications.

The other thing I want to share is I have depression. Through the years the doctor prescribed nearly every type of antidepressant on the market. Consequently there are no more medications available to treat depression, however alternatively there is TMS Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation, a noninvasive procedure that uses magnetic fields to stimulate nerve cells in the brain to improve symptoms of depression.

I just started taking Ginseng and magnesium oxide. I've taken ginseng before but not as a mood stabilizer while magnesium oxide help manage depressive symptoms and stress reduction. With this new breakthrough in treating my depression I am uncertain if TMS is necessary.

Dwayne was told to wait outside in excessive heat for three hours. Dwayne checked into a different hospital ER. The doctor squeezed the eye area and was immediately transferred to Grady hospital in downtown Atlanta. This hospital is known to treat gunshot wounds, knife wounds and gang related injuries. The put Dwayne in the hallway of the hospital without medical care, food or water for 17 hours. Dwayne was transferred to Grady without anyone's knowledge, 5 hours later did Dwayne's girlfriend find him at Grady hospital.
Grady wanted to keep Dwayne overnight, but after 17 hours stuck in a hospital hallway without food or drink Dwayne check out and went home. Randall my middle sibling agreed to drive Dwayne back to Grady on Monday.

Last edited:
I once had to wait for about 17 hours with my husband. That they call them emergency rooms is a joke! He was finally seen and subsequently admitted. I have never heard of a case of pink eye so serious that hospitalization was necessary! I hope your brother's eye is healing and that he'll be alright. If you feel the magnesium oxide is truly working to stave off your depression, please let me know. I'll pass the information along to my grandson who suffers with bouts of depression. Thank you.

Dwayne was told to wait outside in excessive heat for three hours. Dwayne checked into a different hospital ER. The doctor squeezed the eye area and was immediately transferred to Grady hospital in downtown Atlanta. This hospital is known to treat gunshot wounds, knife wounds and gang related injuries. The put Dwayne in the hallway of the hospital without medical care, food or water for 17 hours.
That is horrible. I suspect he would have had much better care going to an eye doctor. When I was young (college age) I was having an eye exam and the doctor got an urgent phone call that he took in the examination room, from what I could hear from the doctor's side of the conversation the caller's son had a piece of glass stuck in his eye, and the doctor insisted that they NOT take the boy to the hospital but instead to bring him to the eye doctor's office. It was surprising, but after hearing your brother's experience maybe the same is true today.

Perhaps Dwayne went to the original hospital with what he thought was pink eye and they realized it was something else and more serious. Even still, his treatment at the second hospital is abominable. Not that unusual based on stories we hear now, still retched.

Glad your magnesium and Panax Ginseng ginkgo is helping you, Ed

edited to correct

Last edited:
Dwayne was told to wait outside in excessive heat for three hours. Dwayne checked into a different hospital ER. The doctor squeezed the eye area and was immediately transferred to Grady hospital in downtown Atlanta. This hospital is known to treat gunshot wounds, knife wounds and gang related injuries. The put Dwayne in the hallway of the hospital without medical care, food or water for 17 hours. Dwayne was transferred to Grady without anyone's knowledge, 5 hours later did Dwayne's girlfriend find him at Grady hospital.
Grady wanted to keep Dwayne overnight, but after 17 hours stuck in a hospital hallway without food or drink Dwayne check out and went home. Randall my middle sibling agreed to drive Dwayne back to Grady on Monday.
I wonder why your brother was transferred to Grady. It has a great trauma center, but like you said, it is used for really bad car accidents and injuries, and for violence-inflicted injuries.

I would want to go there if I were in danger of dying from a trauma-related event. Otherwise, never. It doesn't sound like it has changed all that much since I worked across the street at an Emory University medical school facility. Being in stashed in a hallway without food or water for 17 hours is definitely a bad thing.

Perhaps Dwayne went to the original hospital with what he thought was pink eye and they realized it was something else and more serious. Even still, his treatment at the second hospital is abominable. Not that unusual based on stories we hear now, still retched.

Glad your magnesium and ginkgo is helping you, Ed
Not gingko it's Panax Ginseng

So glad to hear that your new remedies are helping you, Mr. Ed! So proud of you for working so hard to find the right thing for it.
One can wait for hours in an ER if one isn’t unconscious or bleeding. One thing I’ve learned The Hard Way abut going any time going to an Emergency Room voluntarily under your own power: Take food and water with you even if you have to sneak it. A few nutrition bars, a nutritious drink like ensure or apple juice, small bottle of water. Very long waits are the standard these days. On checking in they automatically put everyone on “NPO”, no food or water, in case the person needs surgery after admission. But they won’t stop people from going into the bathroom, where you can grab a bite.

Another area in the ER I decided to assert myself in when I went for a recent sudden leg condition: I’m not allowing the automatic blood pressure thing to be left on my arm , after it got stuck on high and turned my arm and hand purple, and I’m not allowing an IV to be started unless a specific IV medication is a necessary Rx.
I’ve come to the conclusion that a lot of things are done in hospitals and even outpatient that are purely for staff convenience rather than patient wellbeing.

This is the result of EVERYTHING becoming for profit, and not the best outcome for humanity. Of all the deadly sins, I think that greed should top the list.

Something isn't right about hospitals anymore anyway and it's been a very long time and the situation isn't getting any better. That anyone survives is little short of miraculous. I could go on, but I don't want to rant. 😖

This is the result of EVERYTHING becoming for profit, and not the best outcome for humanity. Of all the deadly sins, I think that greed should top the list.
I'd still like to bring back the days of doctor's offices on every U.S. street and walk ins welcome for $15.00 per regular visit. I was able to afford that as a teenager! At least you could get a basic idea of what was wrong with and often get treatment and/or a prescription to fix it.

My first symptom of Covid was pink eye. My guess is they thought he had it and sent him to Grady because that was the Covid hospital of choice in the area.

I totally agree with HoneyNut that an eye doc would be better at this point.

I'd still like to bring back the days of doctor's offices on every U.S. street and walk ins welcome for $15.00 per regular visit. I was able to afford that as a teenager! At least you could get a basic idea of what was wrong with and often get treatment and/or a prescription to fix it.
Or, they just gave you free samples to try.
No more free samples around here.

while I'm not defending the ridiculously long wait in the hospital ER, there probably are understandable reasons for the wait. Hospitals have been pummeled by an influx of patients during the pandemic. As a result there has been a decrease of staffing along with an increase in the influx of patients eho did not get medical care during the pandemic and are now finding they need immediate care for those neglected medical problems. This has resulted than much longer waits everywhere in medicine - hospitals, doctor's offices, etc.

magnesium oxide is certainly helpful but combined with a good quality ginseng supplement is phenomenal together. Perhaps my recommendation is too strong but I notice a great deal difference in my mood taking the combination.
No, you're right; it's a valid recommendation. Quality ginseng is hard to find, though. What's your source?

Back