Bummer.

Whenever I see these I start looking back, like back at yesterday
Of which is 1980 for me
Forty freaking years ago

Then further back
Guess Howdy Doody bein' in his 80s should no longer be a shock

View attachment 95170
yep 1990 is the year where I think it's very recent...then I stop and think..WTH... that was 30 years ago... and how the heck do I have an almost 44 year old child? :eek:

Yes, time marches on & waits for no one. I can still remember sitting at a movie theatre in a small town listening to my favourite all time song, "The Happy Wanderer". That was popular in 1953. It seems like only yesterday when "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" was on the radio on the Hit Parade.

There were triplets on My Three Sons???
083.jpg

As a kid, I grew up in Massachusetts. The artifacts of that history were everywhere. I remember how much in awe I was when something was an antique-over 100 years old. Never thought I'd be getting into "antique" range.
I know! It's the strangest feeling! Inside: you're 16 or 20 years old. Then you REALIZE your actual age and it's "Holy crap! How did I get so old?"

Yes, time marches on & waits for no one. I can still remember sitting at a movie theatre in a small town listening to my favourite all time song, "The Happy Wanderer". That was popular in 1953. It seems like only yesterday when "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" was on the radio on the Hit Parade.
Just wonderin' - did the Beatles era really coincide with The Hit Parade. As I recall that show ended earlier. I listened to The Hit Parade on the radio every Saturday? night when I was a teenager but my kids listened to The Beatles when they were teens.

About age. I don't call it ageing. It is simply enduring to me.

Back