Can I get Medicare at 62 if I have Diabetic sores and damage to my feet?

Are you still working? You seem to be asking for only Medicare and not SS benefits so I'm not sure exactly what you need. You can retire early but your benefit amount will be greatly reduced. You cannot have employer based insurance and Medicare at the same time.

It might be helpful to visit your local office to be sure you know what you qualify for. Also, there is a lot of information on the Medicare, CMS, site.

My understanding is you can't get Medicare until age 65 unless you are currently on SSDI and have been receiving payments for at least 24 months or you have end stage renal disease, ESRD, requiring dialysis or you have ALS. Having Diabetes alone isn't going to qualify, according to my understanding. Here is a link that explains: https://www.medicareinteractive.org...rview/medicare-eligibility-for-those-under-65

Are you still working? You seem to be asking for only Medicare and not SS benefits so I'm not sure exactly what you need. You can retire early but your benefit amount will be greatly reduced. You cannot have employer based insurance and Medicare at the same time.

It might be helpful to visit your local office to be sure you know what you qualify for. Also, there is a lot of information on the Medicare, CMS, site.
This may be a moot point for Robert because he needs to be 65 before he can get medicare, but are you including employer retiree insurance coverage when you say "you cannot have employer based insurance and Medicare at the same time"? If so, that is not the case, at least not with State of N.J. retirees.

Back