Can we delete our conversations?

Marie5656

I was looking through my list of conversations/private messages. I was trying to see if I could delete them, but there does not seem to be that option. Does our mailbox become "full" at any point? Meaning do we need to delete conversations? Or OK to leave them?

There are boxes to check at the right. You just check the boxes and then on the bottom to the left you can leave the conversation. You also will get an option to receive further messages. I hope this helps.

I did the leave conversation option, but it did not delete them. I think that is more for the group conversations, like they have on Facebook.

Reminds me of the last part of Hotel California ... 😀

Last thing I remember
I was running for the door
I had to find the passage back to the place I was before
"Relax," said the night man
"We are programmed to receive
You can check-out any time you like
But you can never leave!"

They do go away when you leave the conversation, true, but it sounds like they are stored in the system because they can come back 'to life' if the other person starts it up again. ??? That's how I read it anyway.

You "leave" a conversation instead of deleting it. After the last person leaves a conversation, it will be deleted from the system.

The Addon serves a different purpose, it allows the admin to clean up the system based on date. That should leave to the members to decide if they want to delete old conversations.

They do go away when you leave the conversation, true, but it sounds like they are stored in the system because they can come back 'to life' if the other person starts it up again. ??? That's how I read it anyway.
If the other person hasn't left the conversion, it must be stored in the system. It's the same with the old forum, you can only delete your own private messages. They all work the same way, just using different terms.

In other words, after you left a conversation, it's no longer your conversation, you can't delete other's conversations.

OYE!!!
i still do not understand , because when you click on reply to your pm(conversation) they are together..
so what i do understand is , you send your conversation to a friend , then your friend would have to start a new conversation? in order to delete your friends conversation? so( do not use reply if you plan to delete their conversations after a while..) Oh, L:eek:rdy.. im so cornfused..o_O

I'm just learning along with everyone. Tinytn, it's very much like the old PMs. If you send someone a conversation, they reply to you just like in a thread here. Neither of you have to start another conversation, just continue the same one by adding replies. You can delete any conversation for good if you click on Leave and choose to ignore any further messages, that deletes it permantly.

I haven't had one with more than myself and another person, I don't know if I'd ever need or want to do that. To me a private message or conversation means just between two people. Or else I imagine it would be like a chat room, which I've never been on.

Back