can you flirt when being married !

toffee

watched a prog this morning on this subject ' one person said its what we do' sometimes without knowing it ,
my self its something thats in our nature no matter of age ' I have a dear neighbour way back in her late 80s
flirted with everyone who knocked - being married does it make a difference .

so hands up on here who does ' let the truth be told lol..raising-hands-for-participation-many-peoples-hands-up-picture-id819576686.jpgraising-hands-for-participation-many-peoples-hands-up-picture-id819576686.jpg

I flirt sometimes. It's harmless fun that Ron is totally fine with, because I do it in front of him!

I think it crosses a line when there is subterfuge involved, when you develop an emotional connection to the person you're flirting with, or when the flirt-ee misinterprets the fun or takes it seriously.

It's about all I have left!

images

Could someone please define "flirting" for me? My answer would depend on what you think flirting is.

My definition of a flirt would be someone who is of the joking nature, smiles a lot, quick pats on the arm, or a pat on the back, but never any other body part.....however in these days of the Me Too thing a gent better be darn careful.

Could someone please define "flirting" for me? My answer would depend on what you think flirting is.
That’s a good question.
When I say I enjoy flirting with people, there is no sexual overture whatsoever. It’s merely being openly friendly , fun and easy going with people who choose to engage with me no matter what their age, gender or race. If I’m walking the dogs and meet people, if they decide to stop and chat I usually do and most often they are awesome folks.

People who aren’t open to friendliness I stay away from or if I’m not in a social mood I don’t usually go out.

I’m never the sexual flirty type. I’m actually quite the opposite. Very reserved in those regards.

My definition of a flirt would be someone who is of the joking nature, smiles a lot, quick pats on the arm, or a pat on the back, but never any other body part.....however in these days of the Me Too thing a gent better be darn careful.

There is never any touching with my flirting.
Just sayin’😅

But people seem to know not to go there with me 😏

My man flirts too but , like myself, there is no difference in how he interacts with women than men. Perhaps it’s just being friendly towards people who are friendly towards us. We’ve been together for over 30 years with no indiscretions. Not even close. We love and respect each other too much for that and I trust him. There’s never any jealousy when he shows kindness to others. If anything it makes me proud that he treats people nicely.

I googled the word "flirt," and came up with two very different definitions:

behave as though attracted to or trying to attract someone, but for amusement rather than with serious intentions.

If you're interested in someone romantically, you might flirt with them, which means to chat them up or tease them in a playful way. Flirting is an indirect and fun way to let your crush know you're interested, like a seductive line or a few coy words. ... But even if you don't have a love interest, you can still flirt.

But either way, I think it's inappropriate and hurtful to the spouse when one is married or in a serious relationship. Just use the Golden Rule; how would you feel if your partner was doing it?

Only if you don't care about your spouse's feelings. There is no legitimate reason to flirt with anyone while you're married. (Just being nice to someone is not flirting).
Married men & women do it for different reasons. Women do it because they foolishly think it will show their husbands that they are desirable to other men so their husbands will appreciate them more. Married men flirt because they want to torment their wives or get back at them after an argument, or just because they're inconsiderate. Doing something you know will harm you spouse emotionally is cruel. Or, they're just plain cheaters.
My ex wife flirted; she thought it would make me appreciate her more. It made me lose my respect for her.

Back