Canadian Snowbirds In Florida Getting Vaccine Before Some Residents.

WhatInThe

This whole area of Florida is a big joke. The governor gets on the tv and says what a great job he’s doing about the shots. Bull crap. We can’t get them here locally and by the time they announce a few shots available, they are gone before we can sign up. I’d like to know how the heck folks from Canada can come here to get their shots. Maybe one of them would let me in on their secret. Personally, I think it’s just not happening.

Here is another informative article on Canadians enjoying Covid vaccinations ahead of some Florida residents.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/canadian-snowbirds-covid-19-vaccine-florida-1.5877867

A few comments I found at the bottom of the article definitely rang a bell for me.

"They pay US taxes and support the local business don’t they"?

"I think most of the negative people on here are just jealous they don't live in Florida for half the year".

"Many snowbirds are indeed residents of Florida, they live there for six months every year, pumping money into the local economies, and pay property taxes on their US homes. So they have just as much right as anyone else in Florida to get the vaccine right now".

I'm going to pass on weighing-in on the kerfuffle, other than, if borders were closed to all travel (which I believe they should be), the citizens and residents in these countries would be of top priority, but our governing parties want it all, they want to control the general public with mask and Covid restrictions and guidelines, yet the greed factor is calling out to them... money, money, money, money, money, so they leave their borders open and allow for travel, and this is the end result.

The point is to get everyone , living in Florida, inoculated against the virus. If you're living in Florida, and if you become infected; you are a possible source for spreading the virus; it doesn't matter if you are a Canadian citizen or not. Viruses don't respect place of birth.
True but vaccine tourism can spread the virus. And those already in high risk categories and situations should get the vax first if they want it.

Back