Canadian Thanksgiving

GeorgiaXplant

I understand from Canadian friends/family that it encompasses the entire weekend and isn't just one day. They're flexible so it makes it easier for people to visit more than one side of the family or to visit family a reasonable driving distance away.. And they don't all rush off to shop right after dinner, whichever day of the weekend they choose to have dinner. Sounds good to me. Please pass the turkey...

In any case, to all our Canadian friends, Happy Thanksgiving.

That’s right and thank you kindly.
My husband and I have a bird in the oven with all the fixings along with gf cake and dairy free ice cream.

I will take photos later and yes we do celebrate all weekend long. Dieting now is almost impossible.
What time should we be there? LOL

Happy Thanksgiving Canadian friends!

2f8142adefa420eb7e3e9b1111619980.jpg

The pumpkin pie with whipped cream is missing.

That's what I will be baking today.
Why yes! Yes. The pumpkin pie and whipped cream is missing. There was such an assortment that I didn't even notice. Thanks for pointing that out. What time should I be at your house for dessert?🥧

Come about midnight. I'm having a lot of trouble with this recipe. I'm making it from scratch from a pie pumpkin. Never again.
Well, fiddlesticks. At midnight I'll be, as my daddy used to say, pounding my ear. You can have my piece of the pie. If you'd asked, I'd have told you...I did that once. Once.

Back