Cancelled Standing Appointments

When the pandemic hit, I cancelled all my standing appointments with my doctors (OB-GYN, dentist, ophthomologist, gastro and cardio). Now I feel the need to see them. Is it worth the risk to make appointments again (don't say "Only you know the answer to that." I want YOUR opinion)?

@debodun please don't put your health 'on hold'
There are so many safety precautions in place now
Reinstate your appointments....you will be glad you did
My huz and I have had dental, doctor and podiatrist appointments in the last few weeks
To coin a phrase 'with no ill effects'

Only if your health is at risk. I would like to get a couple tests but I am not going near a hospital for a very long time. This virus has very dark after effects once persons are taken off ventilators and released including some related to the brain. Bring wipes and spray with you for your own satisfaction of you decide to go. Call the doctors and ask his/her opinions on the question.

Deb do they have telemedicine available on the computer for you? You might want to look into that. I would call them & ask them about it.

I am making my needed appointments again (yes it is time for me, and I am weighing out the pros and cons).
I'm in Washington State, and not waiting any longer, am moving on it now and scheduling best I can.

I’m at the dentist this Wednesday , he’s jyst sent me a reminder and a list of things I have to do before I even enter the surgery .....🙄

I personally for myself, would not do any that are routine.

I would choose the one I thought was putting me most at risk to put off, and call and ask them the specifics of what precautions they are taking.

They cant eliminate all risk, but they can lower it, and if it is something needed , with dangers of its own, then I would seriously consider it. It might be the best timing, which might differ by the area you are in.

Deb: I had cataract surgery a few years ago and since then I go once a year for an exam. I go Jul 13, and plan on keeping the appointment. As long as you do what is required I see no problem.

I had my OB-GYN examinations last month..Everyone was well masked up including me... everything was fine, they just didn't allow more than 2 people into the clinic at once, so everyone had to wait out in their cars until the Consultants' nurse came out to call us one by one...

My daughter in Spain where Covid was so bad that everything went into Lockdown so strictly that no-one was permitted to go further than the end of their own road unless in an emergency, is now on phase 3 and was able to have a dental appointment this week.. and her hair cut.

She said the dentist was wearing so much PPE he looked like he was working on the front line of the Covid emergency ward.. again everything fine.

She's pleased she got that done because if they go back into strict lockdown, then at least that's one less thing to worry about

Last edited:
Check with the doctors to see if they are back to doing routine appointments. I went to my podiatrist the other day. They used distancing, only allowed a small number of patients in waiting room, and took temps of all who checked in. I say it is time. I already checked with my primary doc, with whom I have a routine appt later this month. Appt still on,
Only change for me is my therapist, who is still doing tele med appts.

Last edited:
She said the dentist was wearing so much PPE he looked like he was working on the front line of the Covid emergency ward.. again everything fine.

My daughter's dental office has to follow the same rules that the hospitals follow, so they are all overly covered in medical gear, and always taking temperatures of anyone with an appointment. And appointments are spread out.

My daughter's dental office has to follow the same rules that the hospitals follow, so they are all overly covered in medical gear, and always taking temperatures of anyone with an appointment. And appointments are spread out.
yes that's the other thing I forgot, at my Gyny appointments my temperature was taken before I was allowed in to see my consultant.. and aside from that , even my husband has his temp taken every morning by security as he drives through the gates at work..

When the pandemic hit, I canceled all my standing appointments with my doctors (OB-GYN, dentist, ophthomologist, gastro and cardio). Now I feel the need to see them. Is it worth the risk to make appointments again (don't say "Only you know the answer to that." I want YOUR opinion)?
I have not made mine yet haven't had a hair cut in 4 months no teeth problems but overdue for ckup an cleaning...my annual blood wkup physical is due-but my doctor got the covid in his break room to eat lunch took his mask off to eat one of the nurses had it also. he is ok but another dr. friend 44 yours old is in really bad shape from it..heart and neurological problems--so I won't be going to my dr.s clinic for the blood work...taking really good care of my teeth floss all of the time have trimmed my hair on the sides ..but will tackle the back in the next few days...

I think you can get this covid pretty easy if you want it..I also think you can have a really good chance of avoiding it if your paranoid and take action...

I was trying to find a new clinic for my blood work..they are all full and no dr's available ...I don't need one anyway nurse or pa is good..at present anyway...I live in a college town and guess what these geniuses are going to do soon?-- have thirty thousand kids plus support folks show up drinking etc and then what do you think will happen...?--kansas explodes.

means I will be typing to you more...

Back